We are looking for a Copywriter with a strong conceptual experience to lead across the varied briefs worked on within our in-house creative studio within our Marketing team. The person we are looking for will have the opportunity to develop our brand across a wide variety of channels including digital, comms, TV, social and CRM. Reporting directly to the Head of Brand and Creative.
What you’ll do:
Our Copywriters know how to tell stories, and this one that we’re looking for in particular uses them to engage and build communities and engagement on various channels.
This Senior Copywriter may be the only writer on a project or may be working side by side with other writers in Performance or Product. In any case, you are expected to take responsibility for the quality of any copywriting deliverable ensuring that it meets gohenry’s standards for creative excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Concept and collaborate with the creative team, including other copywriters, product designers, editors, and the Head of Brand and Creative.
- You must be able to write compelling and grammatically clean and effective headlines, taglines, scripts for TV and Social, calls to action as well as long-form website/app copy.
- Be comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats.
- Work with Project and Product Managers, Head of Brand and Creative, Head of Marketing to ensure creative concepts, tactics, and copy tone are on brand and strategically sound.
- Ensure copy is delivered on deadline and in accordance with the brief criteria.
- Meet with and begin to get comfortable presenting work to senior stakeholders of all levels.
- Innovative and inspiring creative solutions for interactive channels.
- Experience in other media (print, TV, video, direct response, retail, or promotion channels);
- Curiosity and a passion for digital media and the latest trends in tech.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks.
- The ability to collaborate, to take constructive criticism, and to seek out and act on peer/client
- A strong desire to do brand-building, product-selling and award-winning work.
- Marketing sense and an interest in helping to develop campaign platforms that can work across channels.
- A minimum of five years experience in advertising and/or digital.
What we’re looking for:
- Highly proficient in English, preferably as a first language
- 3 years+ work experience as a copywriter or content writer.
- An eye for detail, catching every typo and grammatical error.
- Experience working within or for a consumer business (Fintech would be useful)
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Passion, integrity and energy!
- Experience of writing for the US market
- Experience working with Miro, Figma, Asana and Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
What we are offering:
- Competitive salary, working full-time hours
- We operate flexible working hours
- Free tea and coffee and loads of fruit
- Workplace pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Westfield Cash Health Plan
- Westfield Surgery Plan after 3 years’ service
- Westfield Perks
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life.
We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can spend, save, earn and give with gohenry’s prepaid debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say...
- We help over one million members improve their money skills every single day.
- We’re one of Tech Track’s top 50 fastest growing UK companies.
- And we were nominated for ‘Best Personal Finance App’ at the British Bank Awards 2020.
But we’re still growing, and that’s why we need you.
Want to meet us?
If we sound like what you’re into, apply by clicking on the below link. We'll be excited to meet you!