Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Brighton, Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Marketing Demand Generation Manager
The Marketing Demand Generation Manager, covering a 13 month maternity leave, is responsible for overseeing, planning, developing and executing the inbound and outbound marketing efforts to drive demand for Acquia’s products and services. In this role, you will build relationships with the sales teams to align to and support their sales targets using global and regional best practices. In essence, you will drive demand to help the sales and account management teams prospect effectively and accelerate their pipeline.
- Developing and executing an effective demand generation plan for inbound, up-sell/cross sell, and ABM with integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Manage top of funnel demand generation programs and automated nurture campaign to drive Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) through inbound/digital marketing channels such as paid search, display advertising and social media
- Manage up-sell/cross sell campaigns to the installed base of customers
- Orchestrate ABM campaigns to drive pipeline and improve key marketing and sales metrics
- Working closely with the global demand generation team to design and fuel demand generation programs with the appropriate branding, messaging and assets to engage target buyer personas in the EMEA region experiences with transformational business impact.
- Managing, developing and mentoring a high-performance demand generation plan for each region to meet ambitious growth goals
- Leveraging global and/or creating local content to help drive demand generation programs
- Partnering with Business Development, Sales and Channel teams to ensure campaign alignment and execution
- Working closely with regional marketing operations director to measure and report on the effectiveness of demand generation programs and operations in EMEA through the entire demand funnel
- Having a strong knowledge of the various marketing disciplines especially modern marketing and digital marketing including website, SEO, email, and social media and paid channels
- Ensuring customer advocacy is part of marketing campaigns and events
- Understanding complex buying/selling processes involving multiple decision-makers for software and services purchases in enterprise accounts – particularly the buying process for software as a service (SaaS) solutions
- Working collaboratively and sharing best practices with other global and regional field marketing teams
- Manage demand generation budget to optimise resource allocation
- Managing translation services into local languages as required
- Managing vendors for execution as required
- Degree educated or QBE with 5 years+ B2B marketing experience with at least 2 years of building and managing demand generation and pipeline development programs
- Must speak business English fluently and another language would be advantageous
- Previous experience in IT; ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Thorough understanding of marketing automation and CRM systems and their integration preferably Salesforce and Market
- Excellent excel and analytical skills for data reporting
- Proven ability to work closely, flexibly and successfully with a sales organisation
- Proven ability to successfully execute demand generation campaigns across multiple channels including email, nurture campaigns, paid and unpaid inbound marketing activities, partner marketing and field events
- Strong experience successfully managing a marketing budget
- Experience with researching and identifying sales targets in an industry or geographical basis a plus
- Ability to work very independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytics, reporting, project management and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Ability to inspire; positive attitude, and empathy, toward the needs of salespeople