Hey there. My name's Ali. I'm a doctor, YouTuber and podcaster based in the UK. I'm looking for a Marketing Director to join our team of 11 to help lead our marketing and growth strategy for the next few years 😀
About the Team
Our mission is to create inspirational and educational content that helps people do more of what matters to them. In 4 years, the YouTube channel's grown to 2M subscribers, with hundreds of thousands of followers on out other platforms (twitter, instagram, email list). Our content aims to help people be more productive, learn better, become financially independent, and generally live happier, healthier lives.
The medium-term aim is to continue to make more content, make it really good, and put it out for free across our social platforms. Our paid online courses fund our business operations, and help us create (hopefully) world-class free content. I'm also in the process of writing a book, which will hopefully be published mid-2023, and if it's a banger, it'll hopefully take our business to the next proverbial level. We're also launching a new podcast (similar to Tim Ferriss / Impact Theory etc) where we interview inspiring people about how they got to where they are + how they find joy and fulfilment in their work and life.
Okay, so the two main areas of our business are Marketing and Operations.
The Operations side is pretty solid, and is made up of our Content Engine (how we make content for everything) and our Part-Time YouTuber Academy (our live-cohort online course). I see the Marketing side as having 3 broad roles:
- Helping figure out what content and products to make
- Helping grow the audience across all our platforms
- Helping grow revenue across all our product lines
The Marketing Director position is a primary leadership role within the business. You'll be part of the leadership team, and help guide our strategy and actions moving forward over (hopefully) the next several years.
Location: Central London, UK. 3 days office, 2 days remote.
Pay: £100,000 on Target Earnings
Bonuses: Uncapped, performance-linked bonus, team events, perks and fully paid holidays (once Covid is cured)
Progression opportunity to CMO
Location - London, UK.
What You'll be Doing
- Owning the overall responsibility for everything Marketing-related, from the accent colour on our website to the launch strategy for my book to hit the NYT-bestseller list.
- Increasing growth on all our social channels by 200%.
- Building and training your own team of Marketing champions to achieve your targets and beyond.
- Project managing the launch of new branches of the business, from concept to creation and everything in between. The sky's the proverbial limit.
- Managing all KPIs and deliverables across multiple branches of the business.
- Designing and directing innovating marketing campaigns that directly result in sales through multiple channels.
How to Apply
- Please fill out your details in this application form.
- I'll invite everyone who's applied to join a Zoom webinar where I'll give you more details about the business, our vision, our goals, and all that fun stuff.
- If after the webinar, you decide the role's still for you, I'll ask you to answer some questions via an asynchronous video interview.
- If you're shortlisted after the async videos, we'll arrange a time to meet for an in-person interview in London
This position is right for you if...
- You've got minimum 5 years experience managing a team of 5+ people.
- You've got at least 3 years experience in digital and content marketing
- You've worked with personal brands in the past, rather than just corporations / big businesses.
- You're able to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- You've got a deep, intimate understanding of social media across all channels
- Trajectory - You’ll be an early-stage team member in a multi-faceted online business with characteristics similar to high-growth startups.
- Impact - Your work will be seen by millions of people around the world, and hopefully impact them in a positive way.
- Adventure - You’ll be able to join travel opportunities and other fun things that come with working in a choose-your-own-adventure business.
- Ownership - If you’ve got fun or interesting ideas that align with the business goals, you’ll have free reign to make them happen without having to wade through red tape and middle-management.