We’re looking for a designer who is passionate about films and videos and social media storytelling through spot-on design, someone who is comfortable creating for all the current social media channels and who isn’t afraid to experiment with new platforms. You’ll be able to move quickly (aka at the speed of the internet’s attention span) to create awesome graphics and GIFs that will make people want to watch the awesome videos by our filmmaker community. You’ll work primarily with our marketing and editorial team to ensure that all of the videos we promote—on our social media accounts as well as across the Vimeo site—are represented in the most beautiful way possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create compelling visual assets—think video thumbnails, social media posts, animated GIFS, Snapchat filters, homepage art—that will make people want to watch the best videos on the internet and love Vimeo even more than they already do
- Collaborate closely with the design and marketing team to establish the Vimeo visual language and design patterns—and ensure that it vibes seamlessly with the incredible videos by the individual filmmakers we’re promoting
- Evolve Vimeo’s brand to expand audience reach and help position Vimeo as a global brand representing the home for the world’s best videos and the awesome people who make them
- Ensure design and brand consistency for a fast-paced and continually evolving online viewing destination
- Push the boundaries (and be willing to take some risks) to make Vimeo’s social media presence as innovative and cool as the videos we’re sharing
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Visual chops and the technical skills to match
- 1+ years of experience as a marketing, brand, social media or equivalent designer
- Experience in storytelling through standard social media sites, and a fearless approach to designing for new platforms
- A deep passion for brand integrity — you should consider yourself a staunch defender of brand values and guidelines
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team of marketers, writers, editors, and other creative GSDers
- An ability to receive art direction and feedback fluidly and without trepidation, but the confidence to speak up and voice your opinion while defending your design decisions
- Be a perennial self-starter who can move quickly to get things done, even without explicit requirements and direction
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience in everything from animated banner ads to social media posts to GIFs, and any other ridiculously impressive design things you’ve had a hand in
- Video-editing experience.
- Familiarity with video-based or subscription products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- That rare ability to #inspire those around you.
- Familiarity with (and/or an undying love for) the Vimeo brand visuals, verbosity and social media channels.
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible and with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. We’d love to welcome you to both our team, and our community.
Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).