Location: London, Victoria
Start date: May 2019
Please answer all questions on the application form.
At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for someone to work with both our CRM and B2B teams to provide copywriting, analytical and logistical support. You’ll work with a friendly bunch of forward-thinkers who are experts in their area, whether that’s creative design, email communications, events, paid social or branding. As well as polished writing skills and a passion for social media, you’ll need a positive attitude, bags of energy and a willingness to bring ideas to the table. The role is a 6-month fixed contract with the possibility of becoming permanent. It’s an opportunity to gain invaluable, hands-on experience in a marketing role, working on a range of things; from copywriting to analytics, to social media and events.
- Provide an annual plan (from copy to creation of email) of educational and motivational communications to industry partners
- Write and edit copy for our customer email communications
- Analyse the success of email campaigns and provide recommendations to management
- Collaborate with the CRM executive to implement and execute a successful testing roadmap for customer and dealer communications, working to optimise our email flow
- Partner with our sales, trading and partnership teams to create communications content
- Help create the carwow industry magazine ‘accelerate’, including content planning, writing and editing. This will also involve managing our relationship with an external designer and printer.
- Create communication plans for B2B events and execute
- Complete copywriting and search query reporting for the paid search team
- Provide logistical support to the B2B team e.g. within partner engagement efforts or throughout events
Skills and Experience
- You have experience of copywriting and editing long-form content
- You're a diligent planner and organiser with a self-starter attitude
- You have ruthless attention to detail
- You're experienced working within a team and with other teams
- You have the ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- You have creative enthusiasm, coming up with new business solutions
- You have a natural flair for turning complex topics into simple creative messages
- Experience in using CRM systems such as MailChimp or Iterable
- Experience in creating and managing communication plans
- Interest in analytical work and a desire to learn more
- Degree in communication/marketing/journalism/language subject
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)