We believe that blockchains need real world data to be useful- and UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is UMA?
We are a team aligned with the ethos of the crypto community. We believe that because UMA's optimistic oracle is the decentralized truth machine which can verify any statement proposed on the blockchain- we have the ability to truly expand what web3 is building. We are building a robust ecosystem. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We're looking for a Marketing Manager who is seeking an opportunity to strengthen, grow, and shape UMA’s mindshare. This person is passionate about DeFi and the ethos of web3, and uses that passion to motivate and inspire others to be an active part of the ecosystem. Your role will be twofold: to run the communications for the protocol to the wider Web3 space, and to rally and support the community to support you in that same mission. A piece of rallying the community is building out the DAO structure that supports the protocol.
The successful candidate will need to be sharp and pay a lot of attention to detail. You should understand UMA’s infrastructure and be able to speak about it accurately.
User Communications: Maintain a persona for UMA that instills trust in the oracle. Educate current users and the wider addressable market about new and existing features, and work with engineers to describe complex topics in ways that can appeal to multiple audience segments.
Co-marketing: You’ll support the growth team in cultivating our relationships to other projects by arranging and leading co-marketing campaigns. These campaigns will range from simple Twitter space events, to multi-step incentive programs that require on-chain steps by users.
Grow Across’ audience: Strive for ambitious audience growth and engagement in the space as a whole. Not everyone will join our community, but everyone should know about us.
Collaborate: Work closely with your product team to align on and implement growth strategies, recognizing that our product and its communications are intertwined
Trends: To the degree that it is useful for hitting your mindshare KPIs, stay on top of current trends both in Crypto Twitter as well as in Web3 development as a whole.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 2 years relevant experience: marketing, community management, social media role, DAO leader, etc.
- High EQ: promote a community culture of kindness, positivity, and inclusivity
- Ability to use your depth of knowledge around DeFi, blockchain, and oracles and translate complex concepts to various audiences
- Expert in navigating Discord, Discourse and other forums, and Twitter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, multiple languages is of course an asset
- UMA's pay packages include competitive salaries & meaningful token options. Salaries for this role range from $80-120k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
1) We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
2) We value openness, honesty, and directness.
3) We value integrity.
4) We value iterative learning.
5) We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Still want to know more?
-Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn top tier talent. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
-We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and have a nerdy curiosity to solve hard problems (and change the world).
-UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
-You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.