Job Description Summary:
Rackspace is looking for a Marketing Program Manager to direct the development of company channel marketing programs. These activities may include planning, developing, and implementing programs for distributors, resellers, promotions, and marketing.
In this role you will plan and administers seminars/conferences similar to our Customer Advisory Board meetings (CAB) and be responsible for booking event dates and venues, managing budgets ranging from $200-$200,000, booking speakers, and making necessary A/V, décor, security, city permits, travel and refreshment arrangements.
Please note that this role is currently 100% remote through 2021, due to the pandemic. However, there is an option for this role to be remote or US office-based, based on the company policy and candidate fit.
- Oversees the ongoing administration of event programs, including contract administration, negotiation, production and execution, attendee management, meeting space reservations, A/V, and on-site event execution.
- Manages guest lists and registration forms.
- Performs duties related to seminar/conference planning.
- Works closely with organizations throughout Rackspace to determine events and meeting opportunities.
- Manages a company-wide event calendar and makes scheduling recommendations.
- Works collaboratively with other Rackspace teams necessary for the success of the event, such as security, incident management, legal, accounting, etc.
- Coordinates the company's involvement with external organizational events held at the Rackspace facility.
- Researches latest trends and advancements in the event industry.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations’ effective achievement of objectives.
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division, or company operations.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior-level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Expert knowledge of distribution channels and promotional programs.
- Expert Knowledge of company channel marketing programs.
- Excellent skills in planning, developing, and implementing programs for distributors, resellers, promotions, and marketing.
- Excellent skills in selecting, developing, and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the marketing program.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, or business required.
- 5+ years B2B corporate or product marketing.
- Experience with B2C marketing initiatives preferred.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Position is available for remote work in the following states unless otherwise specified. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.