Intersection, a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds, is seeking a Marketing Proposal and Presentation Design Specialist to design and produce visual materials to showcase the company’s work and service offerings in support of business development and communications strategy.
He/She will be responsible for the design of a range of print and digital media, including proposals, presentations, brochures, e-blasts, etc, from planning/positioning phases through technical production.
The position will work under the direction of the Director of Marketing for Services and Products and work within the Marketing and Communications Department. S/he supports new business and marketing efforts around Intersection’s professional services and technology product offerings by designing a range of print and digital media, including proposals. presentations, white papers, trend reports, and other materials in alignment with the company brand to bring in new business for the firm.
The Ideal Candidate
The role requires frequent communication with upper management to develop and convey the messaging for each piece—excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will not just be an InDesign expert, but someone who can work with leadership to translate a conceptual strategy into a presentation and who can effectively tell a story through visual media.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple deadlines with strong time management skills. Please submit a digital portfolio including samples of presentations and proposals, along with your cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
- Graphic and layout design of print and digital materials, including proposals, presentations, company brochures and pamphlets, sell sheets, digital newsletters, event invites, graphics for award submissions and social media, as well as additional projects as required
- Maintenance of templates for presentations and proposals
- Maintenance of company and project image assets
- Retouching & photoshopping project photography
- Visual design for website updates as needed
Maintenance of brand and graphic identity across all print and digital media, company swag, etc.
- Degree in related field and 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge of graphic design principles including grids, layout, typography, color
- Expert in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, knowledge of Google Slides a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present ideas both verbally and visually, as well as an understanding of visual storytelling
- Digital asset management and organizational skills; Detail oriented
- Ability to work directly with upper management
Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize, and work well under pressure
- Aptitude for writing
- Experience designing for the web
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS; experience working with developers
- Video editing experience
- Working knowledge of digital photography
- Illustration skills
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.