Intersection, a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds, is seeking a Marketing Proposal and Presentation Specialist with 4-7 years of experience developing proposals and presentations in support of business development efforts.
The Senior Marketing Coordinator will work under the direction of the Director of Marketing for Services and Products and work within the Marketing and Communications Department. He/She will bring a level of insight and strategy to new business pursuits, working with multiple marketing, technology, and media leaders, in developing Intersection’s approach to specific clients and opportunities. The position supports new business and marketing efforts around Intersection’s professional services and technology product offerings by directly writing, designing, and producing qualifications, proposals, presentations, and other materials in alignment with the company brand to bring in new business for the firm.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work with leadership to translate a conceptual strategy into written content and visual presentation—someone who can effectively tell a story through written and visual media to win new business.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple deadlines with strong communication and time management skills; detail oriented. Please submit written and design/presentation samples along with your cover letter and resume to be considered for the position. Knowledge of current trends in design, technology, urban planning, and media are a plus.
Essential job functions:
Work with Senior Leadership and Marketing team on proposal/pitch development & management:
- Serve as a lead writer and editor, and collaborate with the proposal team consisting of technical and subject matter experts to develop response strategy, proposal outlines, and content
- Interview internal subject matter experts as needed to develop proposal content
- Coordinate planning, scheduling, and tracking proposal milestones & deliverables
- Perform editing, formatting, compliance checks, final proposal assembly and delivery
- Track final submission of proposal and maintain historical data of proposal results
- Improve upon proposal development process based on lessons learned, corporate goals, and business development objectives
- Participate in and champion pitch and marketing strategy/planning sessions
- Proactively research potential client’s company history, market positioning, etc. to contribute to the new business pursuit strategy
- Independently execute multiple marketing efforts against rapid and frequent deadlines
- Master Intersection’s portfolio of work, practice areas, and broad firm capabilities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 4–7 years professional experience in an in-house marketing role, preferably for a technology, design, innovation consulting, or professional services firm
- Experience developing and executing on pitch strategy to win new business, including developing presentations for potential clients and RFP responses
- Ability to provide strategic thinking and recognize competitive advantage opportunities for Intersection, leveraging these into marketing pitches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with grammatical accuracy
- Ability to manage simultaneous multiple deadlines and diverse project teams with minimal supervision
- Experience working directly with senior staff on business-critical projects with minimal supervision
- Self-motivator with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and a great collaborator
- Strong graphic design/layout competence with knowledge of key software: fluent in Adobe InDesign and Google Drive including Slides, Docs, Sheets, etc. (provide work samples)
- Familiarity with Keynote, Photoshop, and additional Adobe Creative Suite software and/or experience with video, digital media/software is a plus
- Experience working on pitch work for real estate, retail, transit authorities, and other government agencies a plus
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.