Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
About the Role:
Imperfect is seeking a community-focused Marketing and Social Impact Manager to drive positive change across programs, to help bring Imperfect’s mission to life. We are committed to having a positive effect on the communities where we operate, and to set an example for our customers, employees, and industry partners. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is a stellar collaborator, who can inspire change, and identify/deliver insights and initiatives. If you're an advocate for food justice and want to advance Imperfect's reputation for being a values-led company, we want to hear from you!
- Drive, expand upon, and advocate for Imperfect’s commitment to positive social impact
- Build strategies and provide insight for growing our impact, and strengthening/structuring our partnerships
- Mange the Feeding Change Fund, matching gift campaigns, and any future philanthropic endeavors
- Handle all in-bound donation requests
- Represent Imperfect externally, building and establishing relationships with nonprofits and other partnerships that further Imperfect's impact on the national and local level
- Represent Imperfect as a socially-focused company at key partner events, speaking opportunities, and panels
- Lead all new and existing food bank and nonprofit partnerships
- Monitor and report key data including pounds donated, monetary sponsorships, and donations
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the success of Imperfect’s marketing efforts
- Collect anecdotes, photos, quotes, and key data points from nonprofit partners for internal and external social impact storytelling
- Help share our social impact efforts with our customers across a range of channels
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of marketing/communications experience
- 2+ years of partnership building experience
- Passionate about food, food access, food recovery, and food justice
- Experience with corporate social responsibility, socially responsible businesses, nonprofits, food access work, and/or marginalized communities preferred
- Proficient in Google Suite including Google Sheets
- Proficient in data analysis
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CMS systems preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills
- You understand how social impact work correlates with brand equity and differentiation
- You are always looking for ways to innovate and improve on current strategies and systems
- You are organized and pay close attention to detail— your spreadsheets are impeccable
- You have outstanding follow-through and are able to see a project through to completion without close supervision
- You are a self-starter who is confident when building systems and processes
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for everyone
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position on the Marketing Team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Brand Communications and Content
- Based in San Francisco, remote work is allowed on a temporary basis
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 20-30 pounds
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.