We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Marketing Specialist, you'll support our customer and carrier marketing strategies, crafting high-performing campaigns that drive pivotal growth for the company.
The ideal candidate for this position is a powerhouse strategic thinker and perfectionist that doesn’t miss a detail. This individual has a track record of working on stellar campaigns and product experiences that stand out and drive action. Plus, they’re a skilled project manager who is hungry to learn, grow, and upend the freight industry.
What you’ll get to do
- Create, build, and optimize acquisition and retention campaigns across email, web, in-app, SMS, and other channels
- Contribute to reporting of marketing impact, building a clear understanding of lifecycle marketing goals, success metrics, and impact across the organization
- Seek opportunities for messaging automation to maximize conversion as efficiently as possible
- Ensure external and internal messaging across the organization aligns with brand guidelines
- Partner with the design team to create industry-leading ads and experiences that drive conversion
- Identify new opportunities to drive revenue or improve customer experience via messaging
- Consult closely with sales team to build deliverables that improve team velocity and effectiveness
What success looks like in this role
- 2+ years of experience building, deploying, managing and reporting performance on lifecycle marketing programs
- Working knowledge of workflows and email automation
- Must be able to create and maintain highly detailed reporting on creative campaigns and email performance
- Excellent copy-writer, with the ability to inject life into an old school industry
- Extreme attention to detail, especially when it comes to spelling, grammar, and design
- Collaborative and customer-centric, you’ll need to work cross-departmentally with design, operations, and product teams in order to maximize impact and drive a satisfying customer experience
- Hubspot experience is a plus
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Creative writing experience is a plus
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- $54k – $67k • 0.009% – 0.016%
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.