Role Title: Marketplaces Executive EU
Reporting to: Head of Digital Department
Contract/ Permanent: Permanent
Start Date: February 2017
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven eCommerce professional to become a key player in the Digital commercial team.
Smartbox is ramping up its presence in online retail. We currently sell on over 30 marketplaces, of which Amazon is the largest for us. We have a multi-year plan to ramp up sales on existing marketplaces, as well as to extend our reach to new channels.
Your goal will be to work with our Marketplaces Manager to maximise the revenues earned through these marketplaces. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders from different teams, including digital marketing, customer service, external partners, B2B and logistics.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Optimise listings and merchandising, and assess product performance across Marketplaces
· Work with Marketplaces Manager to define and agree promotional plans. Deploy these plans including: discount offers, bundle, promotion codes, calendar offers, commercial operations
· Monitor and report on KPIs using internal and 3rd party tools
· Analyse and present results of online activities and make recommendations for improvements
· Monitor the stock, generate and supply the stock forecast to supply chain management (Demand Planning)
· Monitor and document competitor activity
· Work closely with Marketplaces to ensure they generate sufficient exposure to achieve our shared goals
· Implement new sales initiatives and Marketplace partners to increase sales and profitability
· Work with Smartbox retail team to develop online business for our Retail partners
Essential Competencies/ skills:
· At least 3 years’ proven experience in eCommerce with a particular focus on the Marketplace sector throughout Europe (Amazon, eBay etc…)
· Strong commercial acumen and a superior understanding of the Internet and of "online business" (traffic, sales, lead generation, newsletters, CRM, site optimization ...)
· Website merchandising experience
· Ability to work autonomously and as part of the wider eCommerce team
· Proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude with a natural aptitude for contributing energy & enthusiasm to a team
· Ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines
· Experience in accurately interpreting and drawing conclusions from data
· Bachelor degree in marketing, business, eCommerce or equivalent
· Impeccable spoken and written English
· Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Based at our international HQ in Dublin, you may be required to travel to local offices and visit our Retail partners throughout Europe from time to time.
Desired Competencies/ skills:
· Understanding of online marketplace sectors in Europe (BE, NL, DK, SE, FR, ES, IT, DE, CH) a major advantage
· Fluency in one of the major European languages at Smartbox – e.g. French, Spanish, Italian an advantage
*As duties and responsibilities of the post holder change, the job description may be reviewed and amended as appropriate.
This job has been filled or removed by Smartbox Group.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Marketplaces Executive EU job post.✕