Not all internships are created equal. MassChallenge offers unparalleled opportunity for interns to make a big impact in the world! If you are a college student or post-graduate with a passion for creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship, we want to meet you! MassChallenge offers semester-long and summer-long internships in all departments. Full-time and part-time hours are available.
MassChallenge has developed a best-in-class model to support high-impact entrepreneurs and leverage a vast network of supporters to accelerate startup growth. [email protected] will augment the resources available to early-stage innovators developing game changing technologies and reshaping the face of manufacturing in the twenty-first century.
As a cutting edge new hardware and prototyping lab, [email protected] will help bridge the gap early-stage companies face developing a viable prototype and accelerating their path to growth and funding. This position will allow you to work hands-on with all [email protected] hardware startups which range in industry from wearables to military defense systems.
Major Responsibilities Include
- Interns will be tasked with the daily review of the [email protected] lab space as it relates to cleanliness, usability, and safety. Will propose and execute space improvement projects and tasks with the assistance of the [email protected] team.
- Interns will assist with sourcing, planning, and execution of [email protected] community events. Ideal candidates will use several available resources to expand reach of [email protected] as well as increase interest in the program.
Desired Skills & Background
- Manufacturing/ prototyping shop experience
- Proficiency in fabrication, powered equipment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and background – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits of working with MassChallenge
MassChallenge provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, interns:
- Gain direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries.
- Gain direct access to the world's best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries.
- Learn how and when startups should seek key resources and support.
General Expectations of All Applicants
- You are committed to success and will take this opportunity seriously.
- Ideally you can commit 40 hours per week, we require a commitment of at least 25 hours per week.
- You are excited about the mission of MassChallenge to "Help entrepreneurs win".
- You will thrive on being at the center of the startup universe and take advantage of opportunities given to you during your internship.
- You can work effectively in a startup environment with relatively little structure.
- You are independent, biased to action, resourceful, and willing to learn while doing.
- You are well-versed in technology: We use: Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc.), Eventbrite and custom web applications and databases.
- You don't need to be an expert in all of these platforms -- but you need to be competent enough with technology to learn new software quickly.
All MassChallenge interns are offered unparalleled access to global startups, expert mentors and top service providers. The MassChallenge team devotes our time and energy to supporting our interns to ensure your success with MassChallenge and beyond.
Please note that MassChallenge is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and startup, and all MassChallenge internships are unpaid.
How to Apply
Draft a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself by answering the following questions:
- Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at MassChallenge in particular.
- Why You: Detail why you are a perfect match for this particular job.
- Why This Position: Tell us why you want to work in this specific role.
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than a single page. Finally, when you send us your LinkedIn profile, please do NOT cut and paste the URL from your browser's address bar. Rather, please provide the shorter URL that LinkedIn provides, which includes your name.