Not all internships are created equal. MassChallenge offers unparalleled opportunity for interns to make a big impact in the world! If you are a college student or post-graduate with a passion for creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship, we want to meet you! MassChallenge offers semester-long and summer-long internships in all departments. Full-time and part-time hours are available.
MassChallenge Boston – Social Impact Internship
As the Social Impact Intern, you will report to the US Partnerships Account Coordinator at MassChallenge. You will support the US Partnerships team and the Social Impact Industry Champions (mentors who focus on the Social Impact Track) with administrative tasks and assist in delivering key services to our current sponsors and partners relating to project that focus on social impact, expanding access to underrepresented entrepreneurs and inclusive entrepreneurship. There will be opportunities for you to complete reports or blog posts for class requirements.
- Work with MassChallenge team and Social Impact Industry Champions to improve the social impact track for finalists.
- Act as the point person for social impact at MassChallenge and work side by side with startups to meet their needs, while designing scalable solutions and analyzing data to improve the social impact program.
- Analyze and identify gaps and opportunities to add new solutions to our current services, ensuring that each startup has a valuable experience.
- Create and publish our bi-weekly social impact newsletter to social impact startups, staff, and program sponsors in addition to managing communications on our Google Groups page and Slack channel.
- Manage communication between the social impact finalists, the Industry Champions, and MassChallenge staff on all issues relating to social impact.
- Work with Industry Champions to plan and execute communication with high-quality, high-profile speakers, manage workshops, and follow-up for speakers across the program
- Evaluate the success of each event or workshop as well as overall experience of social impact companies using quantifiable metrics such as number of attendees, post-event surveys, and NPS scores
- Engage one on one with the social impact finalists to understand their needs and concerns, connect them to resources within MassChallenge and the larger Boston ecosystem, and
- Act as concierge for all social impact companies. Identify all needs and problems and act as point of contact for all social impact related issues
- Oversee all communication between MassChallenge staff, Industry Champions, and social impact startups regarding relevant industry events, MassChallenge programming, and important opportunities within the Boston ecosystem
Required Skills and Background:
- Strong level of leadership and collaboration
- Demonstrate initiative and a strong ability to prioritize tasks, execute on the responsibilities you are given, and manage time well
- You are a do-er, you don’t just design solutions, you execute on them
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills; Experience working with high profile people and organizations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Organized, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful, willing to learn while doing, detail-oriented and passionate
- You love fast paced, high-energy environments and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- You have experience working in the industry and understand the culture, challenges, opportunities, industry direction, and economics
Benefits of working with MassChallenge:
MassChallenge provides significant professional development and growth opportunities, plus access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs.
Specifically, employees receive:
Access to Startups: Gain direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries.
Access to Startup Resources: Gain direct access to the world's best and most supportive startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
Constant Learning: Understand how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries.
Growth: MassChallenge is growing significantly and you can be a part of a top-tier team of dedicated staff.
Ownership: You have the ability to take ownership over really significant and strategically important projects in areas you wouldn’t ever expect.
Flexibility: You have the ability to dictate your own schedule; we are focused on impact and output so let us know what you need to be successful.
At MassChallenge we are committed to your success. We're not just a company - we're a family - and we will do everything possible to make sure that you're happy.
How to Apply: Draft a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself by answering the following three questions:
- Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at MassChallenge in particular.
- Why You: Detail why you are a perfect match for this particular job.
- Compensation Requirements: Please tell us your salary expectations. We regret that we cannot consider any candidate who does not provide specific salary requirements.
- Please include a 1-2 page writing sample in your application
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than a single page.
Finally, when you send us your LinkedIn profile, please do NOT cut and paste the URL from your browser's address bar. Rather, please provide the shorter URL that LinkedIn provides, which includes your name.