Airbnb is seeking (4) first-year, full-time MBA students for a 12-week virtual internship. While interns will work primarily with team members based in our headquarters in San Francisco, CA, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will be virtual and we welcome applications from candidates across the United States.* Start and end dates are expected to coincide with the school calendar.
Interns will have the opportunity to join one of the below (2) Finance functions within Airbnb, both of which have sub-teams which will each place one intern based on background/interest:
- Platform Finance
- Biz Finance & Analytics
Please see this doc
for more information on each of these hiring groups. You’ll be required to select your preferred functional track in the application.
- Currently in the first year of a nationally-accredited full-time MBA program (or second-year student, if enrolled in a three-year dual degree program)
- Ability to complete a 12 week virtual internship
- Models Airbnb’s Core Values and excited about Airbnb’s mission
- Financial knowledge and expertise from direct experience in FP&A, corporate development, consulting, private equity, investment banking, or business operations
- Analytically oriented; SQL knowledge is a strong preference for Biz Finance, whereas Platform values financial modeling experience plus SQL knowledge. The ideal candidate should be excited to work directly with data.
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- Ability to form strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders despite sitting on a central finance team
- Ability to define and execute projects with limited guidance and unclear scope
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively through both written and verbal formats at the executive level (e.g., CFO)
- This is a paid internship with a competitive hourly rate and housing benefits (stipend)
- Paid time off
- Employee travel coupons
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- An Airbnb-provided work laptop and stipend for your home office set-up
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Virtual company-sponsored tech talks, experiences and events
- And more
*Please review our Remote Work Policy
for Summer 2021 before applying -- all interns will need to comply with this policy to join our team.
Also, please note that at this time there are no guaranteed full-time conversion opportunities post-internship.
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Passionate and qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.