General Description of the Role
Reporting to the MEAL Coordinator, the M&E Manager will provide technical support to the Monitoring and Evaluation team inside Syria, build staff capacity, analyse data, and manage a robust research agenda.
Monitoring and Accountability
- Develop M&E plans, data collection plans, and monitoring tools to track and monitor project performance and effectiveness
- Provide technical guidance to the development of new ICT solutions including the transition to a new database, digital data collection, and automated data visualization and reporting
- Ensure that accountability is built into all GOAL programming
Assessments and Learning
- Coordinate with technical teams and the grants unit to identify, design and prepare for assessments and evaluations according to the proposal and grant cycles
- Draft and prepare monitoring and assessment reports based on primary and secondary data
- Provide data and evidence of needs and effective programming for proposal design
- Plan and conduct learning meetings, develop evidence-based sectoral strategies, and lead assessments of pilot and scaled projects
- Participate and represent GOAL Syria in local and regional workshops and seminars
MEAL Capacity Building
- Coordinate with Turkey-based MEAL professionals to develop and implement joint training modules
- Design and implement small training sessions with MEAL staff and with partners
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and support to MEAL staff and to partners
Requirements (Personnel Specification)
- Completed university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or other relevant degree OR commensurate work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in M&E including work on developing M&E plans and tools or similar experience conducting social or academic research
- Experienced in training and facilitation
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Access and Excel)
- Familiarity with digital data gathering software packages (CommCare, Kobo ToolBox, or similar), data visualization tools (Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Zoho Reports, Klipfolio, or similar), and data analysis software (Stata, SPSS, R, or similar)
- High level of professional proficiency in English and Arabic
- Prior work experience in academic/field research and/or database management
- High degree of familiarity with CommCare, Microsoft PowerBI, Stata and/or SPSS
- Familiarity with Humanitarian Accountability Partnership, SPHERE standards and project management principles
- Knowledge of programming languages (SQL, C#, VBA)
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or Turkish
- Willingness and ability to travel to Syria
If you are interested in applying and have the required qualifications please apply before 15th of September 2016.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.