ARRIVAL is a technology company making vehicles the way they should be - fully electric, digitally connected, and smart. By creating innovation in vehicle design and manufacturing, Arrival is accelerating autonomous and electric vehicle technology, by fusing AI with new forms of automotive engineering. We are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments with the goal to re-define how cities look, think and feel. Our vehicles will be 100% built by robots within our microfactories globally. We are recognised by LinkedIn as 2020’s number 1 start-up in the UK for as well as being one the world’s newest Unicorns with a £5 billion valuation.
In the Computing Platform Development Team, we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with a passion for industrial design and experience in launching the production of the developed device.
- Design the structures of computing units and modules consisting of printed circuit boards and mechanical parts.
- Create sketches, layouts, product prototypes.
- Thermal modeling of blocks and modules.
- Develop models and drawings for cable assemblies.
- Develop models of electronic components.
- Prepare documentation (drawings, assembly, installation, dimensional drawings, etc.) for production and assembly according to ESKD and ISO. Develop instructions for assembling devices.
- Design various infrastructure stands, for example, a regression testing stand. Supervise the assembly of this stand and participate in this assembly directly, including looking for components and materials, form purchase requests, and work with contractors.
- Participate in the production process of devices in the Russian Federation: look for contractors, conduct preliminary negotiations, accompany the order, control the quality during acceptance.
- Provide support to external manufacturers (China), answer questions and make design corrections if this reduces costs and increases reliability.
- Experience in the development of enclosures for electronic devices.
- Experience in the development of structures for electronics for various processes: injection molding of plastic and metals, milling, etc.
- Knowledge of technological processes, tooling in the production of parts of various types.
- Understanding the design of molds and the rules for designing casings for casting
- Knowledge of general mechanics, assessment of structural strength and vibration resistance.
- Experience in thermal calculations.
- Experience with Siemens NX and SolidWorks.
- English Intermediate lever
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission for Zero-emission solutions for cities. Human-centred, intelligent design - to revitalise public transportation!