simplehuman is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its Product team, working primarily in new product introduction (NPI). This role includes mechanical design and product development. The Mechanical Design Engineer will have product category responsibility. For new products, s/he will undertake ground-up mechanical design, prototyping, validation, and supporting the product through manufacturing and production. For existing products, s/he will help to improve functionality, cost, or reliability. This is a hands-on role contributing directly to the success of our product development.
- Mechanical design and development
- Identify critical function areas and ensure proper documentation for efficient debug
- Review designs for manufacturability – ease of assembly, part mold ability, cosmetic risks, etc.
- Build prototypes and conduct DOEs -- Test, measure and validate prototypes and sample builds
- Review first article parts and assemblies while finding solutions to problems
- Work with the engineering team and the manufacturing facility to ensure product readiness for manufacturing
- Oversee critical manufacturing phases – from test runs to production
- Maintain mechanical CAD database
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluency in CAD software. Expertise in Creo preferred; must be functional in Solidworks
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies such as plastic injection molding, die casting, plastic and metal extrusion, metal stamping
- 5-8 years of success in launching high volume consumer electronics with contract manufacturers
- Organized project management
- Clear verbal and written communications
We create tools for efficient living. Through innovation and new technologies, we find ways to streamline simple tasks – ones that are so basic that we take them for granted. We make gorgeous trash cans that respond to voice commands, mirrors that speak with Alexa, and soap pumps that dispense with a wave of the hand. At simplehuman, we value ingenuity, precise communications, fast iteration and scrappiness. We’re laid-back, but work hard. And we only build products we love to use ourselves.
- Tight-knit team with work hard, play hard tradition – we take pride in individual and team success and push boundaries to make the best products.
- Cool office with full-court gym + fitness activities/classes (basketball, yoga, volleyball, badminton, krav maga, more) + weight room
- Free Friday breakfasts + birthday celebrations + holiday parties/trips + juice club
- Great Benefits + Competitive Compensation