Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Region: Sunnyvale, CA
Quanergy is Inc. is a privately-held Silicon-Valley-based technology company leading the development of 3D-LiDAR sensors and smart sensing solutions for real-time 3D perception, including object detection, tracking, identification, classification and mapping. We are disrupting the LiDAR space, and accelerating the growth of the IoT ecosystem with more affordable, better performing, and smaller LiDAR sensors.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will develop and commercialize exciting new technologies for our advanced LiDAR sensors and system solutions.
- She/he will define system specs, determine hardware architectures, help implement and test embedded hardware and firmware, and work with suppliers and manufacturers to design for manufacturability and take our product to production.
- The successful candidate will keep current with the latest research and advances in the field, help shape the direction of the hardware side of the company, and be comfortable tackling unfamiliar or broadly defined problems with little or no outside direction.
- The exact title/level will depend on the experience.
- Professional experience in mechanical design with at least 10 years industrial experience bringing products from concept to volume production.
- Demonstrated engineering analysis capabilities with the ability to perform thermal, structural and fluid dynamic analysis and simulation is a must have.
- Expert experience with FEA principles and tools.
- Mastery of CAD tools for 3D design, modeling and 2D drawing creation (SolidWorks & Ansys preferred).
Demonstrated competence with GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Experience in the areas of opto-mechanical designs, thermal management, electronics packaging, precision assembly and alignment, and design for manufacturability.
- Demonstrated ability in independent creative design activity and perform hands-on assembly and/or fabrication.
- S., or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- A self-starter and team player with excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of various production processes including injection molding, die-casting, extruding, sheet metal stamping & forming, machining, painting, powder coating, plating and conversion coating.
- Familiarity with laser products and assemblies.