CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Mechanical Engineering Designer based in our Boston office. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a member of our multi-disciplinary team and will work under the direction of a licensed engineer. Projects may include new construction and renovation in educational, healthcare, commercial and science and technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Under guidance of a senior engineer may perform uncomplicated designs of ductwork, piping, controls, and equipment selection for HVAC systems for building design.
- Prepare Building Load Calculations using modeling software with review by a Senior Engineer.
- May prepare Energy Models using appropriate software correct parameters with supervisory review.
- With supervisory oversight assist in Revit/BIM modeling of construction drawings of HVAC systems from Schematic Design to Construction Administration phases.
- May assist/coordinate with specifications as a member of the design team.
- May write draft reports to be reviewed by a senior engineer.
- Review submittals and shop drawings for compliance with the contract documents.
- May perform field site observations during construction administration phase.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (Mechanical Systems focus) from an ABET accredited program by hire date.
- Knowledge and ability to apply principles and theories of advanced heat transfer, solar energy, and advanced fluid dynamics in the design of HVAC systems
- EIT is preferred or a plan is in place to obtain the EIT within one year of hire date.
- Past Internships experience preferred but not required.
- Site visits frequently require a physical walk through of site and may be done independently.
- Strong communication and teaming skills are essential.
- Familiarity with Revit, Trane Trace or Trane 3D Plus required.
- Additional similar software platforms preferred.
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden's Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.