Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product since 2018, and are growing rapidly.
Are you a passionate, innovative, experienced Engineering Manager looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI and robotics products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As our Mechanical Test Engineering Manager you will lead the creation, execution, and analysis of integration and verification test plans for hardware products in R&D and production. You will manage and lead a team of talented test engineers and technicians. You will build automated test routines, collect and analyze testing data to assess product performance, identify a product’s design strengths and weaknesses, and communicate results and recommendations to the engineering organization via detailed test reports.
What you'll do
- Manage team of 3 to 5 test engineers
- Develop test plans to support system level integration testing of Nova product line
- Establishment, planning and execution of a variety of test plans to include: Vibrations, Thermals, Water/Particle Ingress, and Reliability
- Develop customized test equipment
- Create and maintain testing schedules.
- Perform root-cause analyses, document and develop tests for known failure modes.
- Design test setups & fixtures
- Coordinate the outsourcing of testing when appropriate.
- Work with design engineers to define functional tests that assess the performance of hardware systems.
- Define environmental testing standards
- Other duties as assigned
The people we're looking for have the following required qualifications and competencies
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical testing
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- LabVIEW or Python (for testing) experience
- 3D Modeling experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are organized and methodical.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.