WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your career and continuously refine your craft. To support this goal, we’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant who is comfortable working in a fast paced, primarily electronic environment. Tasks include verifying patient information, obtaining consent, collection support to the practitioner, and conducting nasal swab Covid-19 testing. You will be responsible for ensuring infection control.
Schedule: Full-Time / 30+ hours/week
Locations: San Diego Airport
Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
What You'll Do
- Check-in and registration support as needed
- Collection support
- Interact with patients to confirm identity and obtain consent
- Ensure specimens are associated with the relevant patient
- Ensure a sanitary environment through collection support
- Perform nasal swab Covid-19 testing under supervision
- Run Abbott machines
- Current certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program (completed externship) and current Basic Life Support certification
- Experience as a medical assistant
- Prior experience with swabbing preferred
- Familiarity of Apple products, specifically iPads and Chromebooks
- Comfortable troubleshooting with connectivity issues
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
- Comfortable working outdoors and under minimal supervision
- Additional language skills are helpful
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Full-time and part-time employees who work 20+ hours a week: Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match)
- Flexible Spending Account Medical
- Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care and other great benefits
- Per Diem employees: 401K with matching contribution and Pre-Tax benefits including Commuter (transit and parking)
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring high-quality healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.