Since our inception in 2011, we’ve been on a mission to provide our patients with healthcare that is dependable, affordable, and a fraction of today’s cost. To date, we’ve provided over 5 million consultations across the UK, Germany, France, and Ireland.
We began our mission with an asynchronous approach to healthcare. Patients fill out a short medical questionnaire for review by our in-house doctors and once approved the appropriate medication is sent directly to their door. Our approach has been successful in removing the time and effort needed to visit a GP in person and in treating a high volume of patients within a relatively short space of time.
Our pharmacy is busier than ever but since our $32m investment in 2019, we have been adding to our offering to become a more holistic healthcare provider. Now, we offer live one-to-one video consultations in Germany through our iOS and Android apps, have white-label partnerships in the UK, and are constantly looking at ways to do more for our patients.
We have ambitious growth plans at Zava, after a second successful round of investment and following the completion of two exciting acquisitions in Germany, and we are now in the early phases of developing partnerships with statutory healthcare providers, as well as health insurers so that we can offer our services with reduced costs to our patients.
We aim to be Europe’s biggest digital healthcare provider by 2025.
About the role:
This is a junior level/graduate position providing an excellent opportunity to support the UK and Irish team to be the best and most efficient online doctor team possible. This role is crucial to the teams’ organisation and supporting clinical work, ensuring our patients get great, safe and efficient care whilst ensuring adherence to administrative service levels in line with Zava’s operational plan.
What can you expect from working with us?
Safe and regulated environment - we have passed multiple regulatory inspections in the UK, including a recent inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who gave us a ‘Good’ rating across all key areas, which means we’re considered to be a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led telemedicine provider
Competitive salary, flexible working and other benefits - As well as a competitive salary we also offer a company-wide bonus scheme, generous training budget and flexible working (working pattern can be discussed).
Cross-company collaboration - You will have the opportunity to work closely with teams from across the organisation
Variety - You’ll be involved in a range of projects
Day-to-day the work will encompass:
- Communicate with suppliers, ensuring all equipment and supplies are in place to enable the most efficient working processes possible.
- Liaise with the office group where requirements arise.
- Lead the onboarding of new members of staff in the Irish office and provide support where required.
- Supporting patient requests and requirements
- Helping to identify best practices for delivery of Health Mail prescriptions to Irish pharmacies and health care providers.
- Handle customer queries and complaints in a timely and sensitive and empathetic way.
- Ensure complaints/incidents are recorded in the appropriate manner and escalated accordingly
- Respond to customer requests for advice and support to enable them to receive great service and great health care.
- Help facilitate communication between ZAVA, it’s patients and pharmacies including packing and faxing of prescriptions, including communicating with patients to clarify administrative information (for example as regarding accurate GP data)
- Provide assistance and support to the ZAVA team of doctors where required.
- Assisting with the doctor team’s clinical work with regards to communication with other healthcare professionals:
- Communicating with outside agencies such as GPs and other healthcare professionals
- Reviewing, organising and delegating incoming written communications for the clinical team, working closely with the doctors to troubleshoot any issues that arise and replying as appropriate.
- Assisting with administrative tasks as and when these arise, including:
- Working with the people operations team and engineers to review and coordinate updating of databases and processes relevant to the operational and clinical team.
- Coordinating meetings, taking minutes and information sharing in line with GDPR both within the team, and if required other teams and externally.
- Supporting our current medical administrator with any urgent administrative tasks.
For this role you need to have/be:
- Relevant University degree and/or previous experience working within the healthcare industry
- Proficient in the use of common IT applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations etc
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Clear communication skills and ability to handle difficult problems
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Intelligent, responsive and accountable.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and experience of working in a fast paced team.
- Proactive, flexible and takes initiative.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
It would also be advantageous to have:
- Communication skills in patient facing context, including sensitive clinical issues and liaising with medical professionals
- German or French language skills
- Enjoys learning, including giving and receiving feedback.
Your line manager will be:
Head of UK & IE Operations
Your application journey will be:
- Introductory call with Talent Team (15 mins)
- Video call with an Head of UK & IE Operations & IE Doctor (1 hour)
Core working hours
Our core business hours are 9am - 6pm, although flexible working arrangements are available upon agreement with your line manager.