Who You Are
At Iris Telehealth you make a difference. Are you looking to further your career in healthcare administration? Are you looking to start your career in healthcare administration? Are you a clerical genius with a tendency for small details, perfectionism, and a need for speed? Do you enjoy coaching your team to greatness? Then this position at Iris Telehealth is the perfect role for you!
Iris Telehealth is looking for a Medical Staff Services Manager to support the administrative side of our Clinical Operations Team as we continue to expand our telepsychiatry partnerships in clinics and hospitals across the country. The role of the Medical Staff Services Manager is to enable swift, accurate, and comprehensive operations to execute upon Iris’s goals for licensing, credentialing, and regulatory compliance. The Medical Staff Services Manager is responsible for proactively ensuring smooth team operations and effective collaboration, creating and implementing accountability with team members, monitoring and reporting on team performance to the Director of Clinical Operations, maintaining current processes for telehealth and The Joint Commission regulatory requirements, and managing the licensing and credentialing process for accounts as assigned.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Hiring, training, coaching, and leading the Medical Staff Services (MSS) Team as they provide superior support to clinicians and partners during the full lifecycle of licensing, credentialing, renewals, and reappointments.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the MSS Team
- Owning the successes and failures of the MSS Team; working with an attitude of continuous improvement and commitment to refine processes and develop the team on an ongoing basis
- Providing guidance to the MSS Team on prioritization of assignments and daily tasks, managing conflict, and appropriately escalating complex files/cases
- Leading team meetings, educating and coaching MSS Team regarding processes and practices, and explaining expectations at the individual and team levels
- Collaborating closely with managers from other departments to achieve timelines
- Reporting on individual and team metrics
- Taking on other tasks or projects to support employees, other managers, and the Medical Staff
- Collaborating with other leaders for the annual provider evaluation process
- Supporting the compliance team with periodic reviews of TJC policies
- Acting as a subject matter expert for telehealth regulations, clinician licensing in multiple states, and nurse practitioner state-based levels of practice authority
- Developing and maintaining processes for telepsychiatry rules and regulations pertaining to insurance enrollment and billing, state legislation, prescribing practices
- Managing conflict and solving work-flow challenges that impact the MSS Team
- Communicating with clinicians and partners regularly
- Ensuring success and efficiency with every assigned task relating to licensing and credentialing of physicians, nurse practitioners, and clinical social workers
What You’ll Need
- Experience with clinician multi-state licensing and CAQH ongoing maintenance/ management
- Advanced skills in Excel and or Googlesheet
- Understanding of the Health plan enrollment process, Internal and External Credentialing, and Telehealth rules and regulation
- Experience with credentialing management platforms
- Be an Ambassador and Educator: You understand hospital workflows and effectively teach both Iris staff and hospital personnel how to use our services. You say just the right thing to earn trust from hospital administrators, nurses, and doctors. You demonstrate awareness of unique challenges in varying hospital systems and become a trusted consultant for them.
- Master the Art of Ninjitsu: When trouble comes, you stay calm and reasonable. You’re able to resolve issues to achieve the best outcomes for our partners, clinicians, and ultimately Iris. Everyone is happy with the outcome: it’s a win-win-win.
- Manage Your Team to Greatness: Continuously improve yourself and your team while exhibiting strong people skills. Ensure your team is running smoothly and efficiently. Create scalable processes and improve upon them. Empower your staff and coach them to greatness.
- Decisiveness and attention to detail: you are able to catch even the smallest errors
- Multi-tasking: you can seamlessly manage multiple projects with different timelines and varying processes
- Resourceful: you usually have the answer, but when you don’t, you know where to find it
- Responsiveness: you respond quickly to partners, clinicians, and co-workers. You hate to keep others waiting and feel satisfied knowing your specialized knowledge helps the team succeed.
- Insane work ethic: you are engaged and happy to be needed, occasionally on early mornings, nights, or weekends (rare)
- Continuous improvement mindset: you are always looking for ways to go from “good” to “great” in order to support your team’s efficiency
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and credentialing certification
- 1 year of licensing and credentialing experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- 1 year of management experience
- Other revenue cycle experience (billing & coding) preferred
- Highly competitive compensation (base salary + bonus + stock options)
- Generous PTO policy
- 100% of the premium cost of healthcare for you and 75% for your dependents
- $50/month for a gym membership
- $50/month for your cell phone bill
- 100% employer-paid life insurance coverage
- 401k Plan with company match
- Paid parental leave
- Optional: Short-term and long-term disability insurance
We are a telepsychiatry company that provides mental health care to clinics and hospitals using video conferencing technology. The key to our success is our people. That's why we're looking for top talent to be a part of delivering high quality and efficient clinical services all over the country.
Iris Telehealth has a culture of ownership, humor, and mastery. Our team is small enough that you can see how your work affects the bottom line and big enough to have the urgency and excitement of a Fortune 500 company. We like to experiment. We're proud to make mistakes (but more proud of our successes). We're always trying to get better. People that work for us are expected to question the way we do things. If you're not willing to fight for what's right, stop reading this now. If you want to learn more, you can visit our website at www.iristelehealth.com.