Merchant, Solutions Engineer
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 400,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Merchant Team is responsible for managing and aggressively growing Postmates’ top-line revenue while delivering a world-class merchant experience. As a member of this team, you’ll work closely with the merchant, product, and engineering organizations to architect, implement, and grow our solutions engineering function.
As Solutions Engineer you will:
- Act as a technical resource to the Sales and Account Management teams within the business when dealing with existing clients, prospects, and internal troubleshooting
- Craft technical content to represent our integration capabilities
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales
- Understand, scope, and deliver Solutions (including Statements of Work) based upon use-cases presented by clients and/or prospects
- Provide technical guidance to customers attempting to leverage the Postmates Developer tools
- Lead the RFP / RFQ and Security Assessment process from within the business.
- Point of sale system integration and workflow management
- Assist in stage testing for prospective merchants
- Quickly assess errors in set up and identify what needs to be addressed to fix the issue
To succeed in this role, you will lean on your:
- 5 + years experience as a sales engineer (marketplace business preferred)
- Previous experience building solutions engineering functions within fast-growing software companies
- A passion to serve the customer and genuine interest in sales processes, with client-facing experience, ideally sales engineering or customer support
- An ability to succinctly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, instilling confidence and trust in the customer
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- Education: Computer Science / Computer Engineering Degree and/or practical experience working across a diverse range of technologies
- Experience with scoping and managing system integrations and creating SOW documentation for clients
- Experience in managing / contributing to RFP / RFQ and Security Assessment documents
- Experience in providing technical support
- Strong understanding of API / cloud infrastructure
- Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to convert technical knowledge into plain language for prospects, clients, and staff
- Familiarity with Python, Go, and/or Elixir.
- Familiarity with SQL querying
A bit about us
Postmates is changing delivery for good. While you may know us as the clever brand loved by celebrities and millennials, we are so much more. We are industry-first leaders in the modern logistics space, creating groundbreaking tech products that positively impact millions of customers, merchants and gig-economy workers as well as the underserved in the communities where we work. How will you help us change delivery for good?
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive rates and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.
Postmates is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants at Postmates are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.