We’re looking for a Merchant to own all accessories and sunwear at Warby Parker! Your role is to generate merchandising and assortment strategies for the sunwear and editions businesses. You will do this by acting as a liaison with the design teams throughout the lifecycle of the product, driving the communication of strategy and financial metrics to all cross-functional teams and training all internal stakeholders on all aspects of the product.
What you’ll do:
- Set and implement strategies to generate growth in sunwear business, including partnering with product management on enhanced web experience, distribution strategy, pricing, product offering, etc.
- Use analysis to set line plan strategy for all new frame collections and work closely with product design and development to ensure designs reflect strategy
- Set cost targets and pricing for all new products with merchandise planner
- Generate assortments and sales projections for all new collections
- Train brand team on new product launches through go-to-market decks, merchandising guides, sample pass-off meetings, and ongoing discussion
- Generate training materials on new products for all customer-facing teams
- Manage SKU counts and overall assortment by channel
- Generate display strategy for both web and retail to optimize sales based on shopping behaviors in different channels and geographies
- Set process for new product type development and roll out to market
Who you are:
- A skilled merchant with 4–6 years experience driving assortment strategies
- An analytical, detail-oriented, creative, results-driven individual who has an eye for product and love of fashion and style (yep, all of it!)
- A quick learner with an eye for trends and an ability to analyze sales data quickly and efficiently
- A people person and a team player—our team works with almost every department and is constantly driving cross-functional communication
- A multi-tasker—we wear many hats, and it is critical that you’re great at time management and organization
- Far from shy! Our team is constantly presenting internally, training stakeholders, and leading communication with other teams, so we are looking for someone who has a flair for public speaking and a great sense of humor!
- Background in accessories is a bonus!
- Experienced in Google Docs and Excel
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings