At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Microsoft 365 Senior Technical Specialist is a Microsoft subject matter expert responsible for managing and administering the company’s Microsoft 365 environment. This person will be the company’s technical lead for platform-wide oversight and management and will also lead the administration and operational management of Exchange Online and Microsoft Teams. This person will join a team that is responsible for helping transform how Delta Dental employees work and collaborate and will play an important role in continuously improving our employee workplace collaboration and communications systems. This role will provide the operational support, customer engagement, and continual service improvement of these services, and will be responsible for integrating our collaboration services into a unified, interoperable, contextualized framework of digital collaboration experiences. This person will provide employee-facing support and conduct business requirements analysis to deliver capabilities and technology integrations across platforms for greater employee effectiveness. This person will improve upon existing employee engagement models, build upon ITSM processes for incident management, request management, and release management, and will continuously build more connected and interoperable platforms while planning, building, and implementing Microsoft 365 roadmap technologies.
The candidate will have extensive experience in Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive, and has enterprise experience in Exchange Online Protection, Advanced Threat Protection, Data Loss Prevention, message archiving, and related Microsoft 365 security and operational administrative controls and best practices. This candidate is also an expert in managing Microsoft Teams API integrations with third-party applications and chat bots, manage collaboration tools for mobile environments, and has broad experience with configurations and management of Microsoft Teams Phone System and Teams conferencing and meeting capabilities. This role will balance daily operational support with both tactical and strategic planning, road map development, and project implementation.
This role will interact with internal service desk agents to triage, isolate, and remediate incidents and fulfill service requests as generated by end users, will manage those platforms to ensure service availability, and be both a technical leader as well as thought leader with both technology partners and business partners. The candidate will be working in a collaborative, team-based environment, and will partner with a diverse group of Delta Dental technicians, program and project managers, company senior leadership, and vendor partners to support ongoing operational requirements. The successful candidate will be an individual who is proactive, motivated, and understands the critical business reliance on messaging, collaboration, and communications platforms within an organization. The candidate will possess exceptional communication skills (technical, administrator, oral and written), and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, business-driven environment focused on quality delivery of services and a frictionless user experience.
How you will make an impact:
- Administer, monitor, and manage Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Exchange Online, the Exchange hybrid, and other Microsoft 365 collaboration tools to ensure availability to pre-agreed Service Levels and perform necessary maintenance or enhancements to support availability.
- Enable and support the teams responsible for administering SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
- Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and telecommunication configurations.
- Manage the business requirements review and implementation of API integrations for Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft 365 services.
- Manage load balancers, anti-spam and email security solutions, and other related appliances and systems.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain changes to technology platforms.
- Evaluate, implement, and manage new Microsoft 365 capability rollouts.
- Manage routine service requests and user support issues as escalated by the Level 1 Service Desk team.
- Investigate incidents and remediate appropriately, or coordinate actions with other Level 2 and Level 3 engineering team members.
- Monitor and measure use of Microsoft 365 and other collaboration platforms through meaningful, action-oriented metrics, reporting, and dashboards.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, including project support, strategic planning, and road map development and implementation.
- Manage additional cloud-based collaboration and productivity platforms as business needs dictate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Computer information Systems or Business is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- Five or more years hands-on experience with Microsoft 365 administration, and Microsoft enterprise systems involving a variety of software and hardware implementations.
- Candidate should be a Microsoft 365 certified Enterprise Administrator Expert, and have demonstrated experience managing enterprise environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Strong experience with creating and managing PowerShell scripts.
- Strong experience with email security platforms, including Exchange Online Protection, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection, and Axway MailGate.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Teams Phone System.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to coordinate issues identification and resolution between customers and the technical operations team.
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.