A little about us 🦪
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we grew rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started!
As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 50+ countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
At Oyster HR our platform is growing very fast, that’s why we’ve divided the product into different areas. Each of these areas is owned by a squad of PMs, POs, Engineers, and Designers. We’re looking for a Mid Product Designer to team up with the Lead Product Designers to help with everything product design related to your specific area. Helping to deliver great designs and validate or invalidate our assumptions by bringing the customer's insight to each team and the overall company.
You’ll be joining our product design team. A team formed by eight incredible designers. We are expecting to grow even more in the future.
What you'll do…
- Work closely with the Lead Designer in your product area to develop and expand product design systems and principles.
- Owning the Product design of your assigned areas of the product from discovery, to research and implementation.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and product owners to support the long-term strategy and short-term tactics for the product.
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Focus on what you do best, while also having the opportunity to improve the skills you’re looking to develop or learn new ones.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and engineering teams
- Be involved in our user research initiatives and support ongoing research projects.
- Participate actively as a member of the Product design team to help improve and mature our company’s product design overall.
What we're looking for 📜
- You have at least 1.5+ years of relevant experience.
- You are an advocate of design principles and methods.
- You are resolutely customer-focused; recognizing the importance of truly understanding what matters to customers.
- You have an appreciation for data-informed design
- You take responsibility and get things done, able to prioritize effectively while remaining focused on value.
- You are a team player. You love to collaborate and help the organization with energy and enthusiasm.
- You are proficient in using design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Balsamiq, Marvel or similar.
- You have good communications skills and are comfortable with communicating product and technical concepts to a sometimes non-technical audience.
- You seek opportunities to learn and grow your hard and soft skills through feedback and self-reflection.
You also need:
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Working at Oyster ❤️
Check out our public notion pages to find out more about what it’s like to work at Oyster:
Benefits & Compensation 💸
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours
- 40 days of time off, including public holidays
- Paid parental leave. We believe that it is healthy and important to take time off to welcome a new family member, and we encourage each employee to take advantage of this benefit!
Work From Home setup budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
Wellness and wellbeing support through PlummHealth and Juno
Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering