A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Mission Operations Engineer, you will develop applications, automation, and pipelines to solve pain points inside and outside the company. You will work side-by-side with Forward Deployed Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and internal Support teams to to evolve Palantir's infrastructure, implement process improvements, and craft custom tools for our colleagues.
On the Mission Operations Team, no week is quite like the last, but each project starts with a problem statement, then follows through development, deployment, and monitoring. You are empowered to own your projects from end to end, iterating directly with your users and teammates to deliver technical outcomes that better our business. These outcomes may range from custom applications, to open source tools, to building on top of our core products to unlock Palantir's potential for our own operations. Examples of past projects have included:
Creating a full stack solution for telemetry and time series analysis of performance and usage metrics
• Building an automated pipeline for deploying Stack Overflow Enterprise to AWS (Medium
• Implementing a system for provisioning Palantir clusters at scale.
• Accelerating business growth by creating a toolkit for sourcing and prioritizing new business opportunities
What We Value
- 3-5 years experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics
- Comfort with current development practices, including change management, CD/CI, and monitoring tools
- Proficiency with scripting languages including Bash, Python, and Powershell
- Familiarity with virtualization tools, including AWS, VMWare, and Docker
- Practical experience with Linux system administration (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to reliability and security best practices
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.