We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
We launched in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response since then. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online.
At Harry’s, the Creative team brings the brand to life. Keeping the customer at the forefront of all creative initiatives, we work closely with the brand, digital product and engineering teams to create unique experiences online. As our brand grows, we’re adding key members to our tight-knit team who are interested in working in a fast-paced, design-driven, customer-focused environment. You can check out what the Creative team has been up to, on our creative archive: Tusk.
As the Mobile App Designer at Harry's, you will work collaboratively with Digital Product, Engineering, Design and Marketing teams, to create beautiful and functional experiences for our iOS app. You will become an expert on the Harry’s mobile app customer, and interpret and integrate user feedback into design solutions in an iterative environment.
Here is what you will do:
- You’ll be our dedicated mobile app designer, responsible for ideating on, creating and delivering all design iterations of our mobile app experience.
- Create rapid prototypes for user testing
- Create beautiful and intuitive native experiences that reflect the Harry's brand
- Take a proactive interest in building on your skillset, keeping up to date with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, interaction trends and best practices for mobile
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally, and build strong, supportive and constructive relationships across the team
- Maintain and build on our iOS style guide
The following should describe you:
Hands-on: you’re willing to get your hands dirty and complete all tasks big and small, glamorous and mundane, to make sure a feature is delivered.
Clear communicator: you can effectively communicate design and brand perspectives within a cross-functional team and share app-specific customer insights and technical constraints to key stakeholders. You can effectively organize information, manage your time, and work with others on a close-knit team.
Objective approach/user-centricity: you value functional solutions, and concept validation. You can interpret and integrate user feedback into design solutions.
Comfortable with ambiguity: you’re comfortable working within an iterative, agile environment, and can adapt easily to change.
Learner: you take a proactive interest in building on your skillset.
Passionate: you’re excited to deeply understand and grow our native platform, and you’re eager to support and contribute to the Harry's brand.
- 3-5 years of experience working in Design
- You’ve designed and delivered mobile app experiences in the past, and can speak to their impact
- Possess a strong taste and aesthetic point of view, with an ability to map onto existing brand architecture
- High proficiency using design and prototyping tools, and an ability to pick up new tools quickly
- In addition to iOS, experience designing for Android is a plus
Here's who you'll work with:
- Directly report to the Digital Design Lead (and be a member of the Creative team)
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Product team and UX Designer to ensure we’re focusing on the right objectives and learning from our users
- Work collaboratively with the iOS engineering team to ensure designs are technically feasible and well-scoped
- Work collaboratively with The Brand team to ensure designs are on-brand and communicating to our customers in a consistent voice
- The Harry's team at large to build an exceptional business