In this 12-week part-time course, students will turn ideas into working iOS applications by learning the fundamentals of programming with Swift. We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly’s part-time Mobile Development course.
Skills and Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of eager General Assembly Students.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 3 years of iOS app development experience.
- You have created at least one app only using Swift programming language.
- You have fluency in the following topics: Swift, Native iOs app development, AF Networking, databases, APIs, Git and GitHub and be an active Apple Developer.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach two, 3-hour part-time classes per week, for 12 weeks.
- Work alongside GA staff and teaching team to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that translates business logic into an iOS application.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Assist students outside of class as necessary.
- Must be able to provide appropriate work visas/requirements
Who Are We?
General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 14 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.