Airtable's Android app presents a rare opportunity to design and develop novel mobile interfaces that elegantly support a wide range of database workflows so that our customers can organize anything, anywhere, regardless of what device they're using.
In developing Airtable's Android app, we've taken great care to not simply port our web interface to mobile, but rather to design each interaction and animation in a mobile-first and touch-friendly way. We're looking for someone to pick up the reins and lead all things Android. You'll not only fully own the development of new features on Android, but also have the opportunity to rethink existing core Airtable features that currently have no mobile equivalent (e.g. Calendar and Kanban views) by creating them from scratch on Android.
What you'll do
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, testing, releasing, and maintaining our Android app.
- Rethink Airtable’s web UI to operate seamlessly and natively on mobile.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience with developing high-quality, UI-rich Android apps — as a bonus, we’d love to see your apps in the Play Store!
- You have deep knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin.
- You have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.