Selecta is the largest provider of unattended self-serve coffee and convenience food in Europe, leading the way in vending solutions and specialist coffee services. We are hiring a Joy Ambassador to join our team and ensure a high level of customer service providing full and hygienically clean machines which are prepared to deliver maximum sales across the operational base. This is a mobile role visiting multiple client sites daily and restocking/cleaning either our coffee or vending machines, whilst being a friendly point of contact on site for clients during your visits.
Selecta operates across 16 countries within Europe, serving 12 million people every day. Within the UK we deliver a national service, relied on and trusted by circa 3,500 businesses to serve tasty beverages and snacks at a variety of locations from workplaces to schools, universities and hospitals and everywhere in-between.
What does a usual day look like for a Joy Ambassador ?
- To ensure that all vending machines are filled and cleaned to the required levels as per Company guidelines at any given time.
- To complete all the relevant stock and cash controls across the machine base and on the company vans.
- To fix occasional faults on machines e.g. cup jams, blocked mixing bowls etc. and report all machine faults to the Service Desk.
- To report all accidents, unfit foods and customer complaints to your Area Manager or to the Service Desk on the same day that any incident occurs.
- To provide training to new starters and team members who require upskilling, to ensure a high-quality service for customers.
- To ensure a high level of customer care is maintained and that this is always conducted in a courteous manner.
- To complete regular audits and quality checks on Retail Merchandisers’ machines as instructed by your Area Retail Manager. To share any necessary follow up actions with the Retail Merchandiser and your Area Manager.
- To report any machines that are below Automatic Vending Association hygiene standards to your Area Manager.
- Covering sites in a van or covering static sites that will require using public transport to get to.
What are we looking for in a Joy Ambassador ?
- Be able to provide training to new starters.
- Be able to complete audits and quality checks.
- Always follow all Health & Safety regulations.
- Be flexible and responsive to changes.
- High level of customer care and always be presentable.
Benefits received as a Joy Ambassador
- 25 days holiday pa + bank holidays
- Life assurance of 2x yearly salary
- Most of our shifts are 5 days per week, Various working patterns, Tues-Sat, Sun-Thurs
- Competitive pay rates- we pay more than our competitors in almost all locations
- Training provided, you’ll also achieve certifications in Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Fresh food handling
- Security of 5-weeks paid sick leave
- Development opportunities available and clearly mapped career paths
- Comfortable Vans provided, plus no commuting costs to and from work (you take the van home with you)
- Company phone provided
At Selecta, we are committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion, embracing our differences to achieve our common goal. We are united in our principle of making people feel great and we are grounded by our purpose to create more moments of joy for everyone through our ways of working.