Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
We are seeking a Senior to Staff level Mobile Software Engineer to help lead development for our 3D technology. We are working with OEM and hardware technology partners to provide cutting edge capture experiences on next generation mobile and camera devices.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great mobile software and is motivated to take the lead in the creation of mobile apps for capturing, editing, and viewing 3D spaces and objects.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team and product marketing to define, design, develop, and deliver new exciting features on Matterport’s applications
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and incorporate new technology into our products and processes to improve development efficiency
- Deliver a quality software solution using the Agile mobile development cycle
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates, feedback and proper implementation
- Develop, maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing mobile applications
- Research and recommend new mobile tools and applications
- 5+ years experience in high performance software development
- 2+ experience in either Android or iOS mobile development experience with deep technical knowledge of mobile frameworks and how to build reactive UI design
- Deep understanding of core software concepts, including networking, storage/file system, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application lifecycle management
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment
- 3D graphics, odometry, photogrammetry knowledge
- Optimizing for performance on mobile (CPU/GPU/memory/latency)
- Experience working with embedded Android
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.