Spotify Ads is building the world’s leading audio-first advertising platform from the ground up. We’re defining the next frontier for advertising and are looking for people with a passion for building new ad technologies to join us.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join the Global Monetization Product Marketing team and be based in London. Our Monetization Product Marketing team partners with our product teams to build innovative new ad solutions by defining market requirements and developing go to market strategies to maximize product adoption and revenue growth.
In this unique role, you will partner with the global product and R&D teams building our earliest ad delivery systems. You will serve as the subject matter expert on our delivery and decisioning systems for our business teams and will partner with the machine learning teams to develop new delivery and ad optimization technologies, including our first advertising auction.
This is a highly cross-functional role, and offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on our rapidly growing ads business. And because ads are an important part of Spotify, your work will affect the way the world experiences music and podcasts too.
This is a full-time position based in London and will report to our Product Marketing Lead for Platforms.
What You'll Do
- Work with Product teams to define product strategy, collect market requirements, and help inform the roadmap for our delivery products
- Plan and execute end to end go-to-market for all launches of new delivery products, partnering closely with other teams in our Advertising Business Unit, Legal, R&D, and others
- Act as subject matter expert on our delivery suite, educate internal terms on the competitive landscape and provide market intelligence to help inform Spotify’s ad products strategy locally and globally
- Equip our Global Ad Sales team to position our delivery capabilities strategically
- Gather and distill market insights to identify new opportunities to drive revenue, serving as the voice of the customer to the Product and Engineering teams that build and manage our delivery products
- Provide product teams with market intelligence, driven findings, and analysis to help inform decisions around new product developments including an advertising auction
- Collaborate with other Ads Business Marketing teams at Spotify to build best in class go-to-market strategies that maximize adoption of our products
Who You Are
- BA or BS degree; MBA or quantitative graduate degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience, ideally within a product or product marketing team at a leading ad platform
- Experience with auction dynamics, ad pricing, and ad delivery systems is also strongly preferred
- Track record of influencing senior partners in both sales and product teams
- You have an aptitude for telling stories that are backed by thoughtful data analysis
- You have a track record of collaborating with a variety of cross-functional partners in a fast-paced environment to define market requirements and effectively bring products to market. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and remain focused on customer needs.
- You can explain the value of highly technical concepts in human, relatable, compelling language. You have experience presenting to large groups and meeting with senior customers.
- You’re excited about how we can demonstrate the value of using Spotify’s data to reach the streaming generation.
Where You'll Be
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19.
- Post COVID, while we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- This position will be based in London.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 365 million users.