This position will be responsible for completing mortgage payoffs statements and processing the payoff transactions. The Mortgage Servicing Representative will also be responsible for completing payments on mortgage accounts and responding to member’s inquiries to ensure prompt resolution to correspondence.
- Prepare and verify payoff statements to borrowers and third parties.
- Interpret and reconcile various reports including general ledger accounts.
- Assists borrowers via phone, email and mail inquiries, researching and following up as necessary.
- Provide service excellence when answering mortgage servicing inquiries from other employees in the Credit Union.
- Maintains knowledge of and adhere to internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring procedures are updated in accordance with changes to process and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the Mortgage Servicing team to resolve member concerns and ensure payoff statements are accurate.
- Contribute to team projects.
- Make regular suggestions to improve processes to provide improved service to our members and/or create department efficiencies.
- Knowledge of mortgage banking industry including mortgage servicing practices
- Knowledge of State & Federal Regulatory Requirements
- Must be highly flexible and have ability to work overtime as needed during times of high volume.
- Overall computer proficiency required and knowledge & experience utilizing MS Word, Excel and Outlook Mail.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; Ability to follow established processes and procedures.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to efficiently.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task while working in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work and have excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgment and ability to make decisions within established departmental & CU written policy and procedures.
- Must be a proactive and self-directed individual with a positive attitude who works well both independently and as part of team.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Fun location with GYM, subsidized cafeteria, walking and bike trail, game room, fire pit & more!
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
USALLIANCE Federal Credit Union, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, values and supports the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.