Mr D, an exciting tech startup within the takealot.com environment is looking for a highly talented Freelance Designer to join our team in Cape Town.
We're a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative people to join us. We offer market-related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you're up for a challenge and want to be part of building something great in the e-commerce groceries market.
- Concept creative approaches that reflect the brand positioning, are practically achievable and are strategically appropriate
- Manage workload and ensure timely delivery of all projects, meeting all sign-off points and flagging up any potential risks or delays - without sacrificing attention to detail
- Adhere to brand identity and guidelines
- Collaborate effectively with peers in the design and marketing team
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time
- Develop engaging, original, functional creative routes that align to and enhance the brand
- Implementing and delivering on feedback accurately and gaining approval from senior management and peers
- Develop assets fit for multiple digital outputs with external suppliers and creative partners from brief through to final delivery
- Make sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right formats and sizes before being supplied to go-live
Adhere to team processes and quality standards
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and engaging with design web resources
- Create impactful presentations
- Excellent self-management and time management
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members - this includes presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for being a part of a fast-moving start-up environment and passion for design
- Have a keen eye for detail and strong passion for design and advertising
- Key software capabilities include Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Illustrator, After Effects, Indesign and Figma
- Excellent understanding of design principles, not limited to but including layout, colour, contrast, typography, scale, and composition
- Excellent understanding of digital design and print best practices
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic
Qualifications and Experience:
Relevant Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- 4 - 6 years’ work experience (must have some advertising or design agency experience)
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
- We are all accountable.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
thinks like an owner of the business
is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria and are an Extraordinary Mind, come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.