Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
The Desktop Support Analyst provides support assistance to client users experiencing problems with IS supported software and hardware. Desktop Support Analysts are responsible for performing initial troubleshooting and identifying the appropriate escalation path for incidents received by other teams as well as the fulfilment of basic service requests.
Essential Functions/Major Job Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots networking issues and determines appropriate escalation path
- Resolves and works proactively on virus issues and initiatives
- Assists in new system deployments/loading appropriate software as needed
- Handles incidents escalated from first line of support
- Writes support documentation for client and/or departmental use
- Provides suggestions and information on projects that should be undertaken by the department
- Responds to requests for assistance from associates who are experiencing problems with supported software or hardware
- Documents results of problem resolution session using the internal ticketing and remote access system
- Participates in deployment projects
- Identifies and resolves common client desktop/laptop issues to help reduce the number of redundant help desk calls concerning the same issue.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- 0-2 years relevant work experience (Preferred)
Additional Work Experience
- Basic experience using an IT Service Management system (Required)
- CompTIA A+, HDI, Microsoft MCSA or related technical certification (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Displays basic level knowledge of the following: • General familiarity with the healthcare industry. • Knowledge of enterprise level technologies. • Experience using a service management ticketing system. • Business level written and verbal communication skills. • Analytical and problem-solving skills .
- Standard work week or as defined by assignment requirements
- May require after-hours, on-call support and/or holidays
- On-call and after hours work during peak times including end of month/quarter/year; during this time PTO is limited to meet business needs
- Up to 80% travel may be required