Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
The primary purpose of the Expert Clinical Business Analyst role is to collaborate with clinical staff to identify user needs and design innovative IT solutions to customize and enhance functionality for Sunrise Clinical Manager applications across St Clair Hospital. The Expert Clinical Business Analyst will be responsible for managing, coordinating and leading clinical projects, workflows and order sets, providing technical support and partnering with other Analysts to support hospital applications.
- Leads clinical requirements development
- Applies clinical knowledge to integrate clinical practice and technology into clinical workflows that support safe and efficient patient care.
- Serves as a skilled clinical resource in support of non-clinical team members
- Acts as a liaison between end users, clinicians and non-clinical analysts.
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide clinical application solutions for assigned business areas.
- Possess expert level functional knowledge of assigned application technology.
- Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
- Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and clinical users.
- Translate business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases.
- Deliver functional specifications, design documents, clinical process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests to be used by Clinical Systems Analyst.
- Interact with Systems Analysts during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
- Serve as leader of team or project overseeing work performed by more junior business analysts.
- Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
- Design and execute functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using clinical scenarios and use cases.
- Ensure programs meet clinical specifications.
- Demonstrate new functionality to clinical users seeking inputs on future direction.
- Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product.
- Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
- Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations.
These are consistent accountabilities for all staff.
- Assist in supporting activations and rollouts.
- Consistent efforts to deliver quality solutions as per agreed scope.
- Customer focus and close alignment with the customers’ business objectives.
- Ensure efforts to continually improve domain knowledge.
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables as per the defined defects standards
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Provide data to generate team performance metrics.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and timely inform the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Take initiative and drives to bring to logical conclusion; proactive approach.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues.
- Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contributions.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience and industry experience.
- Clinical Degree, certification and/or Licensing required
- 5-10+ years Healthcare IT industry experience preferred
- 10+ years expert level experience in providing technical and application support for clinical products
- Experience with Sunrise Clinical Manager products
- Oncology experience from an acute or ambulatory setting
- Excellent client facing skills with attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a highly critical, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required
- Strong documentation, time management and follow through skills
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards