A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
Creators of imaginary worlds, their skills are the showcase of all our projects. Their canvases are unlimited, inspired, and move to the rhythm of wondrous moments. The Multimedia Director (MMD) is responsible for developing concepts for city and transportation infrastructures, urban spaces, mixed-use properties and retail and entertainment venues. Cities projects require a 360 degree vision that includes environmental and content (both data-driven and pre-rendered) design, user experience and technological constraints. Understanding of circulation flow and public behaviour is critical, and experience in architecture, urban design and/ or scenography and/ or is an important asset. Given the scale of our projects and the integration of many of them into architectural or infrastructural projects with many stakeholders, a comfort level with long project cycles and the ability to communicate well with architects, engineers and building operations teams is required. Since these projects address the identity of place and often integrate messaging, an understanding of marketing, branding and communications is valuable.
The Cities team works closely with owners, architects and urban planners to transform places into immersive multimedia experiences and create iconic destinations that will attract new visitors and improve their experience of place while generating media attention and economic benefits.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and develop concepts for projects and pitches;
• Have the vision, passion, leadership and motivation to guide a project from conception to
• Supervise and direct a multidisciplinary creative team: concept writers, set, lighting, sound,
graphic and motion designers, 3D animators, VFX specialists, compositors, video editors,
developers, technical directors; from conception to integration;
• Work alongside the project leadership in developing the strategy for production phases,
deliverables, resource allocation, and schedules;
• Possess a solid understanding of the technology and visual content production processes
used in multimedia environments and demonstrate this understanding in creative
decisions and team communications;
• Effectively communicate creative ideas through presentations and ongoing creative
development, both internally to project teams and externally to clients and stakeholders.
POSITION’S EXPECTATIONS & REQUIRED QUALITIES
• Post-secondary education in Design, Multimedia, Performing Arts or other relevant
discipline, or equivalent professional experience;
• Comfort in communicating with international clients, both corporate and institutional;
2 to 4 years of experience in creative team management, artistic direction, multidisciplinary
projects integrated into the built environment;
• Awareness of the operational and technical complexity of multimedia playback systems;
• Demonstrated abilities in digital tools such as the Adobe Suite
• Inspired and inspiring creative vision;
• Curiosity and permanent watch on what is happening in the entertainment, media and
• Creative leader who can motivate a team;
• Strong pitch and writing capabilities;
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.