Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
We are looking for software developers and engineers with a passion for networking, automation and an aptitude for building scalable and distributed systems.
Our Network Automation and Visualization team is foundationally driven by knowledge sharing and constructing creative solutions to difficult problems. If working on mission critical Internet Infrastructure with our globally diverse team sounds like a great fit for you, then you should submit your application today!
- Design, build and maintain tools to better support deployment, testing and operational functions for network infrastructure
- Research and integrate industry standard methodologies in network orchestration initiatives, create operational standards around monitoring and network configuration management
- Actively help identify gaps that are pain points for up/down stream organizations and take a leadership role in executing a solution
- Help improve the Verisign monitoring infrastructure by expanding on current data visualization initiatives and leverage protocols such as NetFlow and technologies such as Streaming Telemetry
- Help design and implement auto remediation functions to monitor, manage and recover from undesirable network events
- Take a “monitor/measure all the things” approach to help provide more insight into critical infrastructure and applications
- Work on the high-scale systems that provide key Internet services
- Strong Verisign technical community with constant opportunities to learn via tech talks and other internal events
- Training and education opportunities such as Verisign University and tuition reimbursement for work-related degrees
- Clearly defined corporate mission and values
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years' related experience
- Experience working with or creating APIs and understanding of data transport and serialization formats such as SOAP, XMLRPC, REST, JSON, XML, YAML
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and a good understanding of network routing protocols
- Understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, VRRP, DHCP, TCP, UDP), IP addressing (IPv6), and application protocols (DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)Proficient in Python, Go, Ansible, Shell scripting
- Debug issues within custom code efficiently
- Quickly adapt to and learn new technologies, both development framework and technology advancements
- Developing scalable and optimized software systems
- Have a high aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering
- Solid understanding of the Linux operating systems and Docker containers. Terraforming experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; exceptional documentation skills, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to internal customers or client audiences, to professional peers, and working closely with leadership
- Experience with automation platforms (Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Formal hardware training and/or certifications from one or more of the network hardware vendors such as - Cisco Systems, Juniper Networks, Brocade, A10, F5 Networks, Arbor
- Experience with design and full stack development of network monitoring/management applications
- Proven contributions to the opensource community. Please provide your github/bitbuket repository of projects
- Experience with time-series database (eg Influxdb, Open TSDB, Prometheus, KairosDB, etc)
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.