About the job:
We are looking for brilliant self-motivated folks, who will contribute to the company's growth and community life.
Network automation Devops engineers, being members of the Network team, work together with the Network site reliability engineering team to build and maintain the Network, which moves many terabits petcr second and connects thousands of servers to the internet users worldwide. Switches, routers, load-balancers, reverse-proxies, cache-servers and other infrastructure elements are automated and orchestrated by the service management platforms. Bringing all this together is the work of our backend devops engineers.
- Solid understanding of computer networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, IPv6, routing and switching, protocols, interfaces, VLANs and all this stuff,
- Good knowledge at Ansible or other config management tools
- Able to see the big picture of software systems, their performance, scalability, and maintainability,
- Comfortable with Linux and standard software tools,
- Not afraid of production environment,
- Don't need help to write a dockerfile or install a LEMP stack,
- Good communication skills
- Open-minded and ready to adapt quickly
- Very good command of English
- Understanding of infrastructure fundamentals and operational practices would be a strong bonus.
- Large-scale distributed systems, high-load environments, business-critical applications,
- Computer networking and telecommunications: BGP, IPv6, MPLS, VXLAN, fiber optics, DNS, SNMP, Spine and leaf architecture
- Network automation protocols (NETCONF, RESTCONF, etc…)
- System software development, Linux or FreeBSD internals, network stack, drivers, bit-level programming,
- Django and Django REST Framework
- Workflow orchestration platforms (Mistral, StackStorm/Orquesta, Flowable, etc...)
- Physical datacenter infrastructure: racks, power, cooling, fibers, cables, patch-panels, MMR.
- Python, Go, occasionally something else,
- Automation orchestration platforms,
- REST and gRPC APIs,
- Various Linux environments,
- Databases, NGNIX, Docker, Prometheus, and other open source tools,
- CI/CD workflows for a huge production environment (Gitlab CI).
- Code for internal network automation tools: deployment automation, change management, monitoring and analysis systems.
- Leading and architecting mid-size software projects,
- Writing and reviewing technical documentation,
- Complete life-cycle of the code: unit and regressive tests, production rollouts, fixing bugs, escalated by the ops team.
This position can be either:
- Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France), partial/full remote is possible
- Fully remote worldwide
We treat every candidate equally in our recruitment process. Even if you don't meet 100% of the job’s requirements, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you would be a good fit!
Questions about this job? Nathalie Tourbay, our Recruitment Team Lead, would be happy to answer your questions.
👉Scaleway is a #singular place and we’re looking for #singular people. If you like what you see here and you’ve got a story to tell, we’d love to hear from you.
Scaleway is one of the fastest growing infrastructure companies in the world building next generation cloud services. We offer a full spectrum of services such as public cloud services, private infrastructures and colocation and dedicated servers. We are present in 160 countries, with more than 350 employees representing 18 nationalities.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, disability, age, or veteran status.