Ross Technologies (RTGX) an Assured Information Security (AIS) company has a growing need for aNetwork Engineer Level 1 that possesses a TS/SCI FSP. This resource will l
eads various network projects, providing technical support and guidance on network design issues. Provides consultation, support, and guidance to organizations and clients. Leads various network projects providing technical support to the client and assist in the resolution of complex network problems
- Recommends voice, video, and data network solutions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues. Installs, configures, tests, implements, and maintains network infrastructure (e.g., routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, premise distribution, and voice/video systems)
- Performs cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations; measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations as appropriate. Provides technical leadership to Network Problem Resolution to resolve complex network hardware and system problems Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, BA/BS degree in related field. A degree may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education/related work experience.
- Strong knowledge of network routing protocols and configuration (i.e., TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, RIP, ATM, Ethernet, Spanning Tree, and VLAN configurations)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with network devices, such as switches, routers, VPN's, Firewalls, ACL's (i.e., Foundry, Cisco, Marconi, ODS, Juniper)
- Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills to interact with customers, team members, and support personnel
- Knowledge of the use of test equipment, including network protocol analyzers, network testers, and fiber optic test equipment. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- This candidate shall have appropriate certification in compliance with the requirements of the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level II.