Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
As a Network Engineer, you can help us continue to provide these essential internet services.
This position is part of a team who are responsible for the design and certification of mission critical services. We are an elite team of engineering professionals who are equipped with great technical skills and attitudes that motivate those around them. This position offers a unique opportunity to excel in System Administration as a subject matter expert and excel in network technologies by working alongside network engineers and software developers. The ideal candidate will enjoy solving complex problems and consistently pushing the limits of current technology while broadening their skillset beyond systems administration.
- Perform daily support of the lab infrastructure to continue build efforts and maintain existing systems. Environment is a lab setting with multiple internal teams using the lab area for testing and certification of software, network topology or network security projects
- Be a leader in lab readiness and support testing efforts as teams use the lab for certifications
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement systems and relevant network configurations
- Document processes, procedures, designs and topology as needed to satisfy project requirements
- Liaison between architecture and operations teams. Be able to take high level design artifacts and create a production ready solution by understanding the needs and processes of the operations teams
- Research and integrate industry standard methodologies in network and system orchestration and configuration management
- Maintain an automation mindset in both configuration management and in test case automation
- Primary objective is the support and testing of Linux-based software with a secondary objective of assisting and eventually leading projects that are network-based
- Assist Operations in the deployment and troubleshooting of production issues
- Provide critical technical leadership in the areas of design development, technology best-practice and support in testing
- Regularly report progress to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of related experience
- Professional experience with Linux system administration with experience in a production environment highly preferred
- Exposure to configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack highly preferred
- Exposure to Openstack, Kubernetes or other cloud technologies is highly desirable
- Proficient in Python and/or Go and Shell scripting is required. Experience with a version control system like git highly preferred
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including IP, BGP, TCP/UDP is required with a desire to increase knowledge and understanding of network device configurations
Verisign will be in a remote posture until July 5, 2022.
Verisign is an equal opportunity employer. That means we recruit, hire, compensate, train, promote, transfer, and administer all terms and conditions of employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected categories under applicable law.
Additionally, Verisign is committed to helping our diverse workforce manage a healthy work-life balance through all stages of their life and career. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment with highly competitive benefits and robust learning programs. For more information, click on the links below.
Our Careers Page
Our Benefits Summary
Verisign in the Community
Our EEO Statement
Our Privacy Notice for European Job Applicants/Candidates
Staffing agency policy: No fees will be paid for unsolicited resumes submitted to Verisign or our employees by third parties.