We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
As one of our New Partner Curators, you will be responsible for managing and driving forward Partner recruitment for a diverse range of category product areas in order to strengthen our unique product proposition. Working closely alongside our category teams, you will review and identify strategic range gap opportunities to influence your selection and recruitment of new Partners.
With a 4500+ strong existing Partner community, we are looking for someone who can build on the strengths of our existing portfolio by identifying and maximising commercial revenue opportunities and supporting the best designers, artisans and boutiques to join the platform. To be considered for this role, you've likely got a background as a Wholesale Brand Manager, Sales Manager, Buyer, New Business Manager or similar - but whatever your experience, proven sales and sourcing skills for for a relevant great brand is essential.
You will be naturally instinctive, confident, passionate and capable of securing the best creative talent in the market and will work collaboratively within the New Partner team to curate our overall new Partner offering for the notonthehighstreet customer.
What you'll be doing
- Sourcing and identifying creative talent, using your product and commercial instincts to discover fresh and exciting businesses and working closely with them to tailor their range for our customer
- Effectively communicating the benefits of joining the notonthehighstreet community, inspiring prospects to consider NOTHS as the best platform for growing their business, varying your approach according to the audience
- Working closely with Curators to identify range expansion opportunities, ensuring we are ahead of the competition in offering a unique and first to market gift and lifestyle offering with a clear point of difference from our existing product catalogue
- Ensuring a flawless partner acquisition and onboarding journey, actioning improvements and streamlining processes to better efficiencies including improvement to conversion of leads
- Recognising optimal partner growth opportunities; managing expectations around sales and conversion to support the Business Development team with subsequent Year 1 Partner relationship management
- Maintaining accurate contact management records to ensure clear reporting on pipeline and sales and revenue targets
- Driving innovation around lead generation to find the next level of Partners through input into the overarching acquisition strategy
- Working closely with our Inspiration team to understand future market trends and opportunities which could inform our acquisition strategy and help to future-proof our product offer
- Identifying opportunities and building relationships with external organisations to develop and negotiate recruitment activities with access to the most upcoming and talented pools of designers and artisans
- Championing your new Partner offering to the wider business, with a view to increasing the understanding and marketing exposure of the new ranges straight from the “go-live” date
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on new Partner sales, conversion and new selection growth, working closely with curators to ensure continued development of the range and breadth of products on offer
- You've likely got a background as a Wholesale Brand Manager/ Sales Manager/ Buyer/New Business Manager or similar - but whatever your experience, proven sales and sourcing skills for for a relevant great brand is essential (ecommerce experience is desirable)
- You'll have a broad range of category experience - ideally within lifestyle categories / brands which reflect our category ranges
- You will have worked with sales data regularly in your previous role and will have an acute understanding of sales, range building, competitor landscape and growth opportunities
- You'll be able to demonstrate passion for our brand and for small businesses
- Some previous line management experience is essential
And some key skills that you'll need
- First class sales, negotiation and influencing skills A strong product eye across both gifting and lifestyle categories with the ability to interpret, support and realise strategic vision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and visual) with the natural ability to gain confidence from external and internal stakeholders
- An instinct for original talent and strong business acumen to support identification of future business opportunities
- An acute understanding of commercial and brand product performance, including product lifecycles and Customer mindsets
- Highly organised with an ingenuity for improving processes and efficiencies
- Previous experience in a buying, sourcing or sales role within relevant markets, preferably working with the small business community
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team. As part of your application, you'll be asked to submit your CV/covering letter and answer a short application question as you complete the online process.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!