A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, detect and prevent money laundering, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
At Palantir, compliance and good business ethics are core commitments. We do not believe that a business is successful if it cannot succeed while meeting its compliance and ethical obligations. As more governments and industries demand our technology, we find ourselves operating in increasingly complex legal regimes and often facing novel legal and compliance questions.
Palantir’s Legal Team is a multi-disciplinary group of lawyers and engineers who consider technical solutions in addition to more standard procedural and contractual tools for addressing legal and policy challenges. Ninja Software Engineers support and report to the Ninja Tech Lead in implementing our internal legal and compliance software use as well as consulting to Ninjas on technical matters.
Examples of past Ninja tech projects include:
- Developing a tool for screening third parties against watchlists and other restricted parties lists.
- Implementing contract parsing and analysis within Palantir Foundry.
- Building a data pipeline that combines entity screening with business intelligence data to coordinate Compliance and Business Development teams' objectives.
- Advising Palantir's Legal Team on how to use Palantir software to facilitate compliance with legal requirements.
- Internal training, acknowledgement, and onboarding tools.
- Think creatively about solutions to legal and compliance obligations, while still ensuring that data assets and technologies can be effectively deployed throughout your problem solving.
- Use your strong engineering and communication skills that enable you to abstract legal concepts to technical solutions and communicate those solutions to Palantir's legal team, as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Have the opportunity to develop and internally test new technologies and policies that may be used by Palantir customers.
What We Value
- Advanced-level Computer Science coursework, including in algorithms and data structures; experience with Java and/or web technologies a plus
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of legal concepts; conversant with regulatory current events and legal developments
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability and desire to collaborate with others to craft practical solutions to legal, policy, and/or ethical challenges
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.