NextEV is much more than a car company. NextEV designs and builds smart, high performance electric vehicles, with the aim to provide the ultimate user experience, and become the world’s first “User Enterprise”. We are building world class development centers in Shanghai and San Jose, CA.
At our San Jose center, we are looking for a non-production senior buyer or purchasing manager, mainly focus on procurement of engineering services to support our engineering development in the US and China.
· Plan and implement purchasing strategies for assigned engineering services.
· Responsible to collect the procurement requirements from function departments.
· Develop suppliers and ensure timely response from suppliers.
· Initial review of robustness of quote from the suppliers, review and assist in negotiation of best in service providers, piece price and related tooling cost.
· Lead market intelligence and provide advice on key areas such as local labour rates, tax exemptions, government policy, duty rates and automotive regulations – which may affect local cost base.
· Support engineering, supply chain, marketing, IT, HR, admin and other functions, as and when required in evaluating potential suppliers and providing an interface between supplier and other functions.
· Presentation of key supplier data to support purchasing and all other function’s sourcing decisions, such as quality performance, customer base, and delivery performance, level of quality accreditation, technology/process capability and design & development capability.
· Negotiate one-off projects and annual pricing and drive cost reductions to meet objectives in the assigned commodities.
· Assist to optimize the purchasing process and related documents.
· Take lead on cost saving projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business/Commercial majors.
· More than 3 years purchasing experience in mechanical or electrical system development or manufacturing industry, automotive industry background is preferred.
· Strong commercial sense and negotiation skill.
· Ability to manage business case for sourcing and cost controlling, such as investments, services and facilities, as well as risk recognition.
· Strong communication and projects management skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure to deliver key objectives with strong self-motivation.
· Strong computer skills.
· Mandarin speaking is a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Non-Production Purchasing, Engineering Services job post.✕