Innovation has guided our every decision since 1974. As more riders of all ages get on the roads, trails, and streets than ever before, we’re here to do the best work of our lives to push the greatest human powered machine into the future each and every day. We’re a team of barrier-breakers, disrupters, and problem solvers. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where every teammate can succeed as we inspire riders everywhere.
In Company Owned Retail, we strive to be a transformative, inclusive, authentic, rider focused, and collaborative team that creates the best bikes and delivers world class rider care attention. Simply said, we provide quality in our products and to our riders at every interaction and are looking for a teammate to be a part of this growing team. Reach out – we’re here to help you build your career at Specialized.
A critical member of the Specialized Retail network, the Retail Manager balances excellence in retail store performance with a passion for leadership and developing their team. The Retail Manager maintains the culture of the business and sets the tone of Owned Retail in the Market. The ideal candidate has a consistent record encouraging successful, profitable retail, and wants to take that expertise to the next level as a driver of outstanding brand experiences. Beyond being a well-adapted business leader, the Retail Manager works collaboratively with and manages the Markets Owned Retail Store Managers and staff. This role also works cross-functionally with other members of the Specialized Owned Retail team to elevate store operations, communications and productivity.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Take responsibility for the profitability of your Markets Owned Retail stores, namely covering and exceeding the store’s run cost to maximize the contribution to the topline revenue of Specialized Bicycle Components, globally.
- Develop a dynamic culture that will ensure operational excellence and the delivery of transformative, inclusive, ride-focused, locally authentic and collaborative experiences for staff and riders alike inside and out, c/o the Specialized Retail Way
- Lead from the front and develop the squad - Performance management and talent development of Owned Retail Store Managers in your market as well being mindful of employee wellbeing, taking action to create a healthy work life balance.
- Establish an engaging education program for all staff (in-house training, SBCU, and SBCU.com facilitation)
- Nurture the development of long-term relationships with key riders in your market, based on personal interactions and data relating to their preferences, behaviours, and purchases.
- Uphold the highest organizational standards at Owned Retail whilst constantly striving for efficiency and remaining agile.
- Provide direction and guidance for the implementation of digital touchpoints in Owned Retail with the goal to have our stores fully integrated in the Specialized omnichannel ecosystem asap..
- Understand store performance analytics and provide strategic guidance to make our Retail spaces more financially and experientially productive.
- Assist in the assortment planning & allocation in your market, seeking and implementing the most efficient assortment and inventory model.
- Operate within the set rules of the company and ensuring alignment of all practices with Specialized Bicycle Components
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Passion for cycling and the Specialized brand
- Authentic ties to communities relevant to Specialized and an understanding of the social, cultural and environmental context we operate in.
- Genuine Leadership qualities and a powerfully inspiring, solution focused approach.
- Retail and Omnichannel background with 7 years + of experience preferred
- Excellent communication with the ability to interact with riders and team members effectively
- Ability to be agile and adapt your agenda spontaneously to the business needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Willing to travel in your market to store locations, events and company meetings.
TELL ME MORE
- Full time role
- Contribute to a positive and empathetic team atmosphere.
- Sweet deals - Industry leading Employee Purchase program
- Lunch ride participation encouragement
- Personal development and training opportunities are a priority.
- Companywide cycling and social events
- Fantastic company office facilities.
- Salary package which reflects qualifications
- Pension & Health insurance program
For any questions regarding the position you can contact Nordic Market Leader Peter Steen (+45 27 84 47 27) or Financial Business Partner Peter Andersen +(45 22 72 51 52).
Here at Specialized we believe that bikes have the power to change lives. Our culture is one of passion, striving to break barriers and have a positive impact on the world.
We want to increase representation of all races, genders, and body types in the cycling industry and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where all people thrive. We encourage everyone – especially those from marginalized groups – to apply to our job postings and help us earn the position as the rider’s brand of choice. We are always looking for creative, innovative, and passionate people who are eager to contribute to our mission of pedaling the planet forward. Regardless of your qualifications, if you are ready to make a difference, please apply and let us know how you can make an impact at Specialized!