The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Metrics, Logs and Uptime solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how do we present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintain and evolve the current Beats platform, Elastic Agent and Fleet Server, all written in Go.
- Develop features for macOS, Windows and Linux.
- Design and build new features for those components.
- Work with our support team to help customers.
- Interact with the community, understand their needs and help them use our products.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
- Spread the word, write blog posts about features you worked on, speak at conferences, if you are willing to.
What's The Road Map For Broader Team:
- The main goal for the team is delivering the new ingest experience, consisting of the the new Elastic Agent, the Fleet management platform, and the new package management approach to delivering integrations.
- As part of this new experience, there are multiple improvements across the whole stack that will require the team’s involvement.
- The team will also need to focus on how to help users transition from the current to the new experience.
What You Will Bring Along:
- Experience creating system level software and back-end services on Unix.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Operational experience with monitoring systems.
- Experience monitoring or operating Kubernetes clusters.
- System-level knowledge of Windows and macOS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.