We’re reinventing global trade.
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As a result of global expansion, we're looking for sharp, operationally-focused associates to help build our Asia presence and support our local squads. Interested in solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade?
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Ocean Freight Operations Associate for Flexport Asia that will be a part of the Ocean Freight Service Organization within our Supply-Side Team. The Ocean Freight Operations Associate will join our growing Ocean Freight Operations Team in Shanghai to deliver ocean freight booking and local logistics services to Flexport clients and their suppliers. Salivating at the thought of building teams and processes while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
You will :
- Execute booking and documentation processes with Carriers;
- Work within a Global Ocean Team to manage Carrier partnerships and handle exceptions efficiently;
- Work intimately with Global Account Management teams to ensure an effective end-to-end China export process for Flexport customers;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Flexport software and systems that will enable us to differentiate Flexport from the industry;
- Inform the business process and software capability needs to help scale our growing team while improving quality, service, efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Live and act with integrity guided by the company values including sustaining a high bar for operational quality and service.
You should have:
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- A tendency toward process-oriented thinking;
- A desire to deliver exceptional service to our Carriers and to our Account Management teams;
- Ocean freight booking operations experience is a “plus”; at least one year experience in Freight Forwarding Industry.
- China export operations experience is a “plus”; 1-year experience in Export Operation
- A willingness to blend industry best practice with the Flexport operations Philosophy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak and understand English with clarity.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.